Gold Coast, OZ

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by PaulOS, May 11, 2009.

1. PaulOS

PaulOS New Member

Hi All, I am from the Gold Coast Australia, I have enjoyed having a good read over the forum after a mate (JAWZ) pointed me in this direction. Due to ridiculous weapon licensing laws and being domiciled in another country I had to dispose of my firearms about 10 years ago. I have just started to get back into it with the process of picking cal’s, actions, scopes etc. Most hunting will be shorter range, but I am interested in getting both the equipment and discipline required for the longer range shots. I still have a lot of reading to do….:)

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Welcome to Long Range Hunting.

Ahhhh the fun of planning new guns.:)

3. PaulOS

PaulOS New Member

Thanks ss7mm, I have most of the cals sorted with rifles on the way, PTA'd (Permit To Acquire) or deposit's placed to hold
    22LR - CZ 452 LH
    223 Rem 700 LH
    270Win Rem 700 LH
    308 Rem 7600

The hard part has been picking suitable cals and rifles in Left Hand! After I sort out scopes for the above lot it will be down to cal and rifle selection for the long range bad boy, but to make life easier this / these :D will be RH

4. JAWZ

JAWZ Well-Known Member

Just buy that barret in the 338 lapua and be done with it, the rest is neither here nor there.:D

Was wondering when you were going to stick your head up.

5. PaulOS

PaulOS New Member

That's the current line of thinking if I can get a hold of one, it may be a 12 month wait, the story goes that Cleaver got 10 in and sold 12!. Mind you I do like those Mak Tube kits they have done in 300 RUM.
    It will be a while yet for either, I have to sneak through / slowly introduce the above to the chief. Its amazing what deals you can get when you are a lefty, the shops just give them away :rolleyes::D

I know I have been to slack to post a hello thread...

6. Down Under Hunter

Down Under Hunter Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard mate !

Yeah a 98 Bravo would solve alot of your problems and put a big hole in your bank balance too !

See you around mate !

DUH

7. jimbojeweller

jimbojeweller Well-Known Member

G'day :)

Glad to see another Aussie member.

See you around mate:D

8. PaulOS

PaulOS New Member

Thanks guys, still sifting through and trying to absorb the info here, its great stuff.

Cheers

PaulOS

9. CentreHit

CentreHit Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard PaulOS,

Nice to see the 'brothers' getting in on the act.

Cheers.:)