Newby from OZ.

Alan Carnell

Just joined, another Aussie in AZ and lovin' it.
Not a hunter but love shooting all types of things that go bang.I'm looking for an outdoor place to unload little things west or north of Phoenix.
.45 colt, .38.special, .38 S & W, 12 ga, .223 rem + 5.56 and 9mm. are my family.

Any help would be appreciated.

AC

AC, go northwest near lake Pleasant. Be sure to shoot up against a mountain and make sure there's no houses within a mile or so.

AC, go northwest near lake Pleasant. Be sure to shoot up against a mountain and make sure there's no houses within a mile or so.
Thanks Dosh, I'm not familiar with the area, I note there is a road south of the Lake is that road I should take?
North of the lake puts me in another county. Any problems with that?

Appreciate the help, maybe we'll meet up there some day

Alan

Thanks Dosh, I'm not familiar with the area, I note there is a road south of the Lake is that road I should take?
North of the lake puts me in another county. Any problems with that?

Appreciate the help, maybe we'll meet up there some day

Alan

AC, take Castle HotSprings road north off highway 74 (Carefree Highway) go past lake. You don't have to pay lake recreation fee if you tell them you are going to Castle HotSprings. There is also the Ben Avery Shooting Range just west of I-17 on the Carefree Highway.

AC, take Castle HotSprings road north off highway 74 (Carefree Highway) go past lake. You don't have to pay lake recreation fee if you tell them you are going to Castle HotSprings. There is also the Ben Avery Shooting Range just west of I-17 on the Carefree Highway.
Great directions Dosh. much appreciated.
AC

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.