GLASS HELP!..plz.

ishootkittens

Hey guys. I have ordered the gun now I need some glass. Im kinda on a budget of ABOUT 500 bucks. I have narrowed it down to a few. I dont want ALOT of magnification because i live in virginia where long range isnt really possible. I want a scope that will let me see clear out to mayyybe 600 yards if possible. But ill cut to the chase and see what you guys think. I have narrowed it down to about 4.. if you guys could help me out with my decision i would really appreciate it! thanks!

Leupold 4.5-14x40 VX-3 Riflescope

Nikon 4-16x50 Monarch Riflescope

Weaver 3-15x50 Super Slam Rifle Scope

Sightron 3-12x42 SII Big Sky Riflescope

I would look at the Zeiss conquest and also the Vortex Viper. Especially the Vortex Viper HS 4-16x50mm LR scope. I have been hearing good things about this scope. Has an option that will not allow you to dial more than 1 turn below your zero so you dont get lost on the turret. Top turret is a target turret and it is in 1/2 moa. Which will be fine in your type of hunting terrain to 700 or 800 yards or so

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.