gifts for boys

Jimm

Thionking to "gift " my youngest two sons with a cheap Rem 700 adl gun that they can build a long range shooter out of .

Any thoughts on this appreciated .

Jim

Sounds like a great idea, DAD. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I Got one of those as a gift from the old man and now he's torqued because it out shoots all of his guns except his senderos. It's a 243 and loaded with reloader 19 pushing an 87gr. vmax it is a less than a 1/2 minute of angle gun out to 100yrds. Havent shot past that with it on paper, but it has killed a couple hundred ground squirles this spring along with a dozen or so head shot grouse and 2 whitetails this year. The farthest shot on a ground squirel this spring was closing in on 300yrds. Not that it cant hit them farther but I just dont have any where that they hang out that is farther than 300yrds. It wont quite keep up with my dads 22-250 in his sendero but at 100yrds you should be able to cover the group with a quarter no prob. Rembering this was less than 400$ and dads sendero was around 650 if I remember, I cant complain for a light weight pack around gun. I dont know if they all shoot this good but mine is as good as they come for under 400$. Be Carefull though because they might start making a fool out of your friends when they start out shooting them. Merry Christmas.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.