gg, 95gr berger 6mm

sorry buffalobob goodgrouper posted a lookout for them and wala,,found if he is still looking...

Thanks guys. I got 300 from Natchez awhile back. They were the only place that had them at the time. Also have 300 more on backorder from my Berger rep and they should be in production this next week.

Thanks for your quick response.

Glad to know that you do not need them. You obviously shoot a lot of competition where having the bullet you need is important. I am just messing around fooling with some hunting rifles and thought I would try my hand at shooting some paper.

Being as you did not need them, I decided that I would go ahead and go up today and hope they were still there.
There are rumors that JB1000Br is off his diet and eating ice cream again.
Cranked the Mustang and headed North up I-95 then I-83. Hit rain at York, Pa but in January I had ditched the GS-Cs for F1s which have not only have better dry traction but will hold in the wet. Didn't lift until I hit Exit 29B at Hamburg. Run into Cabelas and both boxes were still there. Someone had been interested in what the bullets looked like and had opened one box (Bucknutz did you do that?). Took one box and left one box. Also got a box of 90 grs Bergers and some 105 A-max's just to be sure that no stone was left unturned in the hunt for a bullet. Most likely the 105s will not work at all because I have a 1-10 twist but we shall see. They did not have the 30 gr 17's but I got a box of the 25 grs just to see if they were better than the Hornady's. $350 later I rolled out of the parking lot.

The little 70 gr SMK are doing fine for me but just do not have much BC to fight the wind all the way to 500yds. Maybe the 95 gr Bergers will shoot well.

Three and a half hours up and three and a half hours back just for a box of bullets. No wonder the mustang has 151,000 miles on it. Really a fine day out on the road just rolling in a fast car and listening to 1960's Rock and Roll.

Buffalobob

ok! i can't see why he wanted them so badly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifif you come to mifflin i'll bring them to you....it was my wifes ostridge sandwitch that cleaned me out and made me do it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Berger bullets have a BC of 0.524 while the 70 gr Sierra MK has a BC of 0.259. The wind drift of the Berger at 500 yds will be about half of the 70 SMK which is something like 27 inches in a 10 mph wind. It appears just from looking at them and standing the Berger up next to the little SMK that the SMK actually has more bearing surface than the Berger. This long front and relatively long boattail may be difficult to stabilize. I don't know but we will see.

I don't think I could afford to go to Cabelas too many times or else I would go broke. One box is all I needed for testing and shooting one or two matches. I am not planning on getting neck deep into competition. But thanks for the offer anyway.

oh,i know why he wanted them,i was just kidding back about the open box.forget about the competition end of the groundhog shoot,i go for the hamburgers

Bob -- yup, got some ice cream -- what an UGLY day to shoot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Mark -- how much are the bergers?? if they are 20$ or less i'll tak 100 of them if you can bring them to mifflin.

let me know,
Jason

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.