Getting a scope cerakote.

I would like to get a scope cerakoted to match barrel color. Any suggestions on who to use. I'm in Washington state. Willing to ship if need be. Pm or text me 3608153198. Thanks Kevin.

I'm just curious how/if the scope/ring fit is going to be affected. I think the Cerakote is a great idea, just not sure if it will fit the rings after the scope is coated?

I would like to get a scope cerakoted to match barrel color. Any suggestions on who to use. I'm in Washington state. Willing to ship if need be. Pm or text me 3608153198. Thanks Kevin.

brandon (shortbus) at customguncoatings does a great job!

With the heating requirements of Cerakote , I would not recommend placing any scope in 300 o temperature. things like ribber o rings could fail. there are other good coatings that air cure and require no high temperatures that will do a good job.

I'm not sure that this would not void you warranty on the scope also.

Just me
J E CUSTOM
There is a cerakote process that doesn't require 300° but about half that but for 3 times the duration in the 180° temp. Tests and studies showed it has as good of a durability rating so far. It's early to tell completely but scopes don't see the wear and tear that the action of a firearm does. Looks promising.

I'm thinking that perhaps it would be a good idea to contact the manufacturer of the scope that you want to Cerakote to get their take on it before I did anything.

I'm just curious how/if the scope/ring fit is going to be affected. I think the Cerakote is a great idea, just not sure if it will fit the rings after the scope is coated?
Just take the scope off the rifle leaving the rings on the scope and paint ... when cured attact rings and scope to the rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.