Where to send scope for Cerakote?

Letzgoracin301

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I have a brand new silver leupold VX-2 that I got with a rifle I purchased. I would like to put it on my 35 whelen. The problem at hand is a silver scope has no business on that beautiful blue rifle. I would like to have it coated matte black, but don't want to send it to just anyone. Would like to hear your suggestions on who to send it to. Thanks for the help.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I have a brand new silver leupold VX-2 that I got with a rifle I purchased. I would like to put it on my 35 whelen. The problem at hand is a silver scope has no business on that beautiful blue rifle. I would like to have it coated matte black, but don't want to send it to just anyone. Would like to hear your suggestions on who to send it to. Thanks for the help.

Kampfeld Customs or Fosnaugh Customs could doubtless do it for you and do a great job. Keep in mind that they'd have to use the air cure cerakote which isn't as durable as the heat cured version. The scope won't stand up to the baking required of the heat cured version.

I'd humbly suggest that you would be much better off in the end to sell the scope on ebay then turn right around and buy an identical one in matte black for your 35 Whelen.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.