Getting a new pickup, help me decide

Milan dragway. The company that tunes my stuff does track day twice a year and testing. So I get to go for free. I've done 131 before but it's busy all the time. I can roll right back around as many times as I want when they do it.

Yep, I'm not a Ford guy but I can't avoid the fact that I've been impressed every time I ride in a coworkers eco-boost pulling boats or rangers (about all I pull other than trailers with full loads of firewood). I'm not sure what I'm going to do for my next truck. I'll probably keep my 6.4 Hemi 3/4 just for rough duty so that I don't feel guilty about beating something up. My work requires that I be in a truck for work so my next one is definitely going to be a 1/2 ton

You are describing me. Before I buy something I check its 35mph to 55mph to see if it will pass a slow truck on a mountain road.

I always tell that to people who say they don't need to go anywhere in a hurry. In fact that was a big reason I went with the ecoboost over the ecodiesle. The dodge omgor better fuel mileage by a decent amount but was so underpowered when trying to pass with nothing behind it I had to go the other way. Couldn't imaging trying to pass with my trailer while in the mountains with that thing.

I'm very familiar with: Ram 2500 and 3500 both gas and diesel. I've also owned Chevy and Fords. I too don't put many miles on my heavy duties. I believe their all about the same now days. The more electronic options you get decreases overall reliability. The Ram sits higher. The Chevy sits lower. As far as performance goes their just about the same. My Ram 2500 and 3500 didn't have to go in any for problems but did have several recalls. The Chevy ran well enough and had zero problems in 36,000 miles. All in all it comes down to what you want. If you decide with Ram look no further than Kernersville Ram. They cut the BS out of car buying and throw in a $1000 in accessories in the end. You won't be able to buy a truck cheaper.

Attachments

• 184BAA35-EA6B-4591-9316-EEBB04245D3C.jpeg
    184BAA35-EA6B-4591-9316-EEBB04245D3C.jpeg
    669 KB · Views: 32
That picture would be really nice if it didn't have that lesbian truck in the background. lol I agree they all make nice diesel in 3/4 ton and bigger. Can't go wrong with any of the big boys.

I'm very familiar with: Ram 2500 and 3500 both gas and diesel. I've also owned Chevy and Fords. I too don't put many miles on my heavy duties. I believe their all about the same now days. The more electronic options you get decreases overall reliability. The Ram sits higher. The Chevy sits lower. As far as performance goes their just about the same. My Ram 2500 and 3500 didn't have to go in any for problems but did have several recalls. The Chevy ran well enough and had zero problems in 36,000 miles. All in all it comes down to what you want. If you decide with Ram look no further than Kernersville Ram. They cut the BS out of car buying and throw in a $1000 in accessories in the end. You won't be able to buy a truck cheaper.

I'm a Ford guy, but that Ram is sweet!

Drive them both a decent bit and buy the one that makes you feel things.

Personally of those options it would be a Chevy for me. The l96 is a great engine sitting on top of a ton of tried and true ls based engineering. They are easy to work on and they work. I personally love my 5.0l 150 but don't like how fords super duty's look. None of my friends and family have ever had any luck with Chrysler products as much as they have tried.

Plus chevys have those message your butt comfy seats. Practically gives you a mani pedi when you drive it.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts