Garmin Xero - update

I just had mine delivered - holy cow, this thing is small. I bought it so I don't have to lug my LabRadar back and forth between CO and AZ, but this is amazingly small! Will try it tomorrow at 500 yards - would go today but need to load some rounds.

I just had mine delivered - holy cow, this thing is small. I bought it so I don't have to lug my LabRadar back and forth between CO and AZ, but this is amazingly small! Will try it tomorrow at 500 yards - would go today but need to load some rounds.
Mine came yesterday as well, and I knew the dimensions, but IRL it's unbelievably small.

Just got back from the range - wow! No aiming issues; picked up every shot. This is small enough to bring out in the desert; I used to do that with my LabRadar, but it was a huge PIA.

I won't sell my LabRadar but it will stay in CO where I have a permanent setup. I think LabRadar is toast.

Heads up, don't set the Garmin down, then adjust your shooting position backwards to the point that the muzzle is behind the Garmin. Bad things happen (I think this was unburned powder impacts?)
View attachment 533873
That begs another question, how far away should the Garmin be set behind a larger cartridge (338 Norma Improved) with a 5 port brake? As much blast as I get in my face, I can see it moving the Garmin around a bit if not off the bench.

That begs another question, how far away should the Garmin be set behind a larger cartridge (338 Norma Improved) with a 5 port brake? As much blast as I get in my face, I can see it moving the Garmin around a bit if not off the bench.
I used my Garmin today with two .338 Lapuas, each of them with a brake. Placed the Garmin about 1.5 feet behind muzzle and it picked up every shot. One issue with the LabRadar is the huge size - muzzle blast would often move it

I think as long as the blast is hitting the front of the unit (the side that doesn't have the screen) you'll be ok, although I'd probably try to tuck it up close to the rifle anyways. A heavier tripod might be needed too lol.

Has anybody done any velocity comparisons of their C1 to another chrono unit? Just curious .
I stole this from somewhere at some point, not sure where or who to give credit to.
CHRONO DATA.jpg

After a long Fedex delay, I got mine today. Got to say that it was just stupid easy to setup. Only issue I had was scanning the QR code to get the Shotview app. I had to go to Google Play store and just download manually. Once it came up, I set up the settings as it walked me through, and after that it was pretty easy to get into a session without ever looking back at the instructions.

I shot a couple of air rifles just to test it. At first it wasn't picking up the shots, then I went back to the setup diagram and realized that it has to be 5-15" to side of barrel AND 5-15" back from muzzle. I didn't have it back far enough from muzzle. Once I figured this out and brought it back about 10" from muzzle, then it really didn't seem to care how far to the side it was from barrel, though I never got it more than about 8" off to the side. Afterward, I shot 7.3 gr pellets going 560 fps, and 7.9 gr going 864 fps and it picked up every one.

Going back to finish RTFI now because I am anal. 😂