Garmin Xero C1 Pro Chrono

You couldn't give me one. Mine was junk. Rarely got readings. Other rifles were getting picked up around me on mine and it was finicky. Also too many wires. Triggers, external battery, etc. Too much clutter around me when shooting.

You couldn't give me one. Mine was junk. Rarely got readings. Other rifles were getting picked up around me on mine and it was finicky. Also too many wires. Triggers, external battery, etc. Too much clutter around me when shooting.
I think a year from now most will know the truth.

I transitioned from Labradar to BulletSeeker and now to Xero C1. The bulky nature of the Labradar was getting old, but it worked most of the time. Each firearm seemed to have a slightly different setup.

The BulletSeeker was a nice change, however the grassroots product support is concerning for something that expensive. It also requires a connection to a phone or tablet to work.

The Xero C1 seems like a standalone product backed by a company with the resources to support and evolve the product. Sure the Xero C1 will connect to your phone, but it isn't required like the BulletSeeker. I have been burned by things that require a phone or tablet to function, because the manufacturer can't justify updating the product to work with the latest and greatest phone.

I look forward to running the Xero C1 next to my BulletSeeker to see if the Xero C1 is less sensitive to aiming. I think the BulletSeeker sees the bullet pass through the cone and the distance at which that happens depends on how it is setup and aimed. I am not sure how good of an absolute muzzle velocity reading the BulletSeeker provides. It seems more repeatable if the number of samples averaged into the reading is roughly similar between setups. I haven't used it enough to prove anything. The simple fact that it is averaging a bunch of readings seems like it is providing an average velocity versus a velocity at the muzzle.

Labradar had a trigger which I assume allowed the velocity to be extrapolate back to the muzzle. If the doppler didn't see the bullet until it got to 25yds did the trigger allowed the muzzle velocity to be calculated?

It would be nice to know how each operates differently to better under how the results might vary. Does anyone know that actual differences?

I transitioned from Labradar to BulletSeeker and now to Xero C1. The bulky nature of the Labradar was getting old, but it worked most of the time. Each firearm seemed to have a slightly different setup.

The BulletSeeker was a nice change, however the grassroots product support is concerning for something that expensive. It also requires a connection to a phone or tablet to work.

The Xero C1 seems like a standalone product backed by a company with the resources to support and evolve the product. Sure the Xero C1 will connect to your phone, but it isn't required like the BulletSeeker. I have been burned by things that require a phone or tablet to function, because the manufacturer can't justify updating the product to work with the latest and greatest phone.

I look forward to running the Xero C1 next to my BulletSeeker to see if the Xero C1 is less sensitive to aiming. I think the BulletSeeker sees the bullet pass through the cone and the distance at which that happens depends on how it is setup and aimed. I am not sure how good of an absolute muzzle velocity reading the BulletSeeker provides. It seems more repeatable if the number of samples averaged into the reading is roughly similar between setups. I haven't used it enough to prove anything. The simple fact that it is averaging a bunch of readings seems like it is providing an average velocity versus a velocity at the muzzle.

Labradar had a trigger which I assume allowed the velocity to be extrapolate back to the muzzle. If the doppler didn't see the bullet until it got to 25yds did the trigger allowed the muzzle velocity to be calculated?

It would be nice to know how each operates differently to better under how the results might vary. Does anyone know that actual differences?
It's easy to use. You can use it without a phone/tablet, however, you are limited as to what you can do. Data manipulations require an phone/tablet. No issue for me, I always carry my phone. I use my tablet when at the range. You can also offload the data and put it into spreadsheets. Interface is simple and straight forward. Check out Pro settings-fine tune options. Getting reliable readings, no dropped shots yet. 250 rds shot so far. Using .223 and .308.

Last edited:
Got a neat little arca adapter for the Xero.
Everything fits nicely in the 1040 case. 😎

IMG_6013.jpeg

Last edited:
It's easy to use. You can use it without a phone/tablet, however, you are limited as to what you can do. Data manipulations require an phone/tablet. No issue for me, I always carry my phone. I use my tablet when at the range. You can also offload the data and put it into spreadsheets. Interface is simple and straight forward. Check out Pro settings-fine tune options. Getting reliable readings, no dropped shots yet. 250 rds shot so far. Using .223 and .308.
Forgot to enclose my pics. The case is an Evergreen 56. Got it at Amazon:

Evergreen 56 Waterproof Dry Box Protective Case with Pick & Pluck Foam - Travel Safe/Mil Spec/USA Made - for Cameras, Phones, Camping, Fishing, Hiking, Water Sports, Knives, Survival (Orange) Amazon product ASIN B094W6GP2B
Everything fit. Had to be really careful cutting out foam for fit. The arca adapter is an Area 419. The USB cable already I had on hand.

20231208_195930.jpg
20231208_195846.jpg
20231208_195834.jpg