Garmin Xero - update

Did you put in front of you muzzle?
Don't understand the "Unburnt Powder" comment.
Thanks again

Maybe too close to a muzzle brake?
It was about 5" down and 5" forward of an 18" 243. No brake, factory hornady superformance ammo. It has some impact marks on it that are about the size of a grain of powder, and the cracking is consistent with what I would expect to happen with an impact on the very edge of the screen.

Edit: I suspect the short barrel resulted in some very fast moving not fully burnt grains of powder, but perhaps it was just muzzle blast.

Last edited:
I can remember the good ol" days of the Chrony chronographs. I didn't have mine for a week before I launched an arrow right through the front panel. I sent it back and paid to have it repaired. Two weeks later, my buddy slammed it with an arrow again. :eek: :rolleyes::D
I've never shot a chrony but I've sure wanted to. Drive to the range oh it's to sunny, oh it's to cloudy.

I can remember the good ol" days of the Chrony chronographs. I didn't have mine for a week before I launched an arrow right through the front panel. I sent it back and paid to have it repaired. Two weeks later, my buddy slammed it with an arrow again. :eek: :rolleyes::D
I've destroyed enuff of them to buy several Garmins.
All kinda experiments gone wrong,
And some plain ole stupid.

1705692130524.png

Labradar LX

Labradar was the first to introduce Doppler Radar to the shooting sports at an affordable price. Continuing with its innovation we are proud to introduce a new model, Labradar LX. The LX is a compact Doppler Chronograph that contains the latest technology including:
  • Long lasting battery
  • Heavy duty metal case
  • Compact Design
  • Accuracy +/- 0.1%
  • Bluetooth enabled for App use
  • Weapon mountable
  • Velocity range of 65 - 5,000 fps
  • Ultra bright LCD display
  • Include tripod
  • Provides SD, ES, AVE, Min, Max, PF, Ke and one downrange velocity,
  • MADE IN NORTH AMERICA

Price: $599.95

If LR would have released closer to when Garmin did they likely would have retained a significant amount of market share, I feel like they lost a ton of customers to Garmin

So this is truly frustrating. 8 months ago, on the phone with labradar, I point blank asked if they had plans of developing an option to read 5000 fps. The answer was NO.

Timing is important, in this instance, I feel as they are a little late.

So this is truly frustrating. 8 months ago, on the phone with labradar, I point blank asked if they had plans of developing an option to read 5000 fps. The answer was NO.

Timing is important, in this instance, I feel as they are a little late.
I was all over LR about the 4k speed limit. They always said no. Back in the older Silicon Valley days a CEO by the name of Osborne announced their next great thing that would be out in less than a year. Sales of current products dried up that day and never returned. They ran out of cash before they could get the new product out - and went broke and closed! So walking this competitive line is a dicey trip for some. Garmin handed LR some lumps. Nice to see that they are fighting back. Too little....Too late?