GARMIN XERO Case

jm46ok

I was sent this case insert to review. Perfect fit into Pelican 1040 case.
I'll give it a 5 star!!

They are made by the son of Drhorsepower over at Snipershide forum. Great guy to deal with.

Attachments

• Garmin Xero Insert (2).jpg
    Garmin Xero Insert (2).jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 149
  • Garmin Xero Insert (1).jpg
    Garmin Xero Insert (1).jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 145
I was sent this case insert to review. Perfect fit into Pelican 1040 case.
I'll give it a 5 star!!

They are made by the son of Drhorsepower over at Snipershide forum. Great guy to deal with.

Nice fit! I went with the Evergreen with foam on the top & bottom. Admittedly, it's a bit of overkill for a case but it works well.

I went with the Evergreen case as well. I still can't get over how small the Garmin is.
View attachment 548875
I just got mine today, and I'm doing the same thing you did with yours. I too, can't believe how small it is. I've downloaded the app, and synced it to my phone already. I was going to get the Labradar, but...no words needed.

Attachments

• 17092544036065444457712534999615.jpg
    17092544036065444457712534999615.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 9
I just got mine today, and I'm doing the same thing you did with yours. I too, can't believe how small it is. I've downloaded the app, and synced it to my phone already. I was going to get the Labradar, but...no words needed.
Well guys, I was in the wrong place at the right time, but I was in Harbor Freight today for a totally different reason, when I ran across a Apache waterproof camera case, approximately 6x6, foam insert, for $12.00,and a coupon to make it $9.82, out the door. Sooooo, I brought it home, and at some point later today, fit it properly in the foam bedding. I liked the Evergreen case, and nearly bought it this morn on line, but this thing turned up. It will do what we are all trying to do, to protect it, just feel guilty getting it from HF. Guilty as charged.

Attachments

• 17093234861588213209823461145429.jpg
    17093234861588213209823461145429.jpg
    573.6 KB · Views: 17
Well guys, I was in the wrong place at the right time, but I was in Harbor Freight today for a totally different reason, when I ran across a Apache waterproof camera case, approximately 6x6, foam insert, for $12.00,and a coupon to make it $9.82, out the door. Sooooo, I brought it home, and at some point later today, fit it properly in the foam bedding. I liked the Evergreen case, and nearly bought it this morn on line, but this thing turned up. It will do what we are all trying to do, to protect it, just feel guilty getting it from HF. Guilty as charged.
Dang! I knew I should gone to HF. Although I would have burned more than the savings in my gas guzzling truck and probably spent more $$ on crap I didn't need.

Dang! I knew I should gone to HF. Although I would have burned more than the savings in my gas guzzling truck and probably spent more $$ on crap I didn't need.
I don't use or have any of their tools, snap on, Matco visit my shop weekly, but some of the stuff is usable, and I have two near me. Shooting and Hunting are my craft, and I was born in the USA, and don't like giving too much $ to China, but it's inevitable nowadays. Who knows, the Garmin may even be made there.

I put an aftermarket tripod on mine, so it is a bit longer than factory setup. I've bought a bunch of used pistols online and they always seem to get shipped to me in a cheap plastic hardcase. So I just used one of them...

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

I put an aftermarket tripod on mine, so it is a bit longer than factory setup. I've bought a bunch of used pistols online and they always seem to get shipped to me in a cheap plastic hardcase. So I just used one of them...

View attachment 550166
View attachment 550167
This was a smart move. I have a few of those sitting on a shelf and never thought about using them.
What tripod did you go with? I was thinking this might come in handy. Although, the Xero never missed a shot when testing it shooting a 22LR with the Xero sitting on a trash can.