Sig Sauer Kilo6k and Garmin Foretrex 701

Josh06

I was out doing some shooting today with this combo and started noticing that the range on the Foretrex was different than what the Sig was reading but ballistic solutions were the same. Does anyone know why? Is one of the 2 compensating for angle or environment and showing a different range? I've read through manuals and can't figure it out. For example, just went outside, ranged a tree at 319.4 yards in the Sig and it showed 2.6 MOA up but on the Garmin it showed RNG 292 but solution was basically the same at 2.56 MOA up.

I was out doing some shooting today with this combo and started noticing that the range on the Foretrex was different than what the Sig was reading but ballistic solutions were the same. Does anyone know why? Is one of the 2 compensating for angle or environment and showing a different range? I've read through manuals and can't figure it out. For example, just went outside, ranged a tree at 319.4 yards in the Sig and it showed 2.6 MOA up but on the Garmin it showed RNG 292 but solution was basically the same at 2.56 MOA up.
It was user error, had the range on the foretrex in meters not yards.