fur friendly 7mm rem mag load?

Ya know. The older I get. The less use I have for the 277-323 dia standard and high velocity rounds. . Not slamming anyone that likes them. But with non homogeneous bullets, they ruin a lot of meat. But on large animals the 338 and up kill better as a rule. . 338 doesn't tear up deer as bad either. But they aren't very versitile. The 223 + 243 are some of the most versitile. . The 6.5 and 25 s are versatile. .

The middle rounds are too big for the little stuff and too little for the big stuff. .

Oh well. Maybe on a broadside behind the shoulder shot it wont be bad. .

Please dont read this in a sarcastic or rude tone, it will make me look like an ***... But my hole family uses big 30's (300 winny, 300 rummy, 300 weatherby,and 30-378 weatherby, and om the only one that uses a big 7) and gets minimal meat damage every year. We simply take a lung shot and and pretty much only use nosler ballistic tips, that gets her done. And i dont see many moose or large bears (griz, brown ext, ext.) Getting taken each year by a 6.5mm let alone a 223. Im not hating on these cartriges as i own a 243 win, and a 257 roberts, but i wouldnt take either of em deer hunting if i was able to take a winny or a 7mag...

Yes, honestly I have not found a load that would not make two holes...

oh, i know... you cant get a 120-200 grain bullet going anywhere from 3800 FPS to 2500 FPS, to stop dead in its tracks on a 50 pound coyote, it just aint happening.... there is simply too much velocity going on here. If its got a long enough barrel, she can match a 220 swift in velocity. (about 30 inches) You can and will push it out of the barrel at an excess of 4000 fps with a 120 grainer.

Actually the 6.5 is a great moose round. One of the most popular in the Scandinavian countries

But American's haven't caught on to how great the 6.5 s are.

I know I'll be using my 6.5 Cm for moose this coming fall. I need to do bullet tests but the 130TSX is on the short list so far. I know guys + girls who use the 270 Win for moose .

Since Ive shot coyote with my 416 Rem mag and fox with my 9.3x64 I know that often a guy doesn't have the ideal rifle in hand when a varmint appears .
The 250 gr TSX 9.3 bullet at 2700 fps impact vel. Was a lot easier on the fur than the 350 gr Speer 416 bullet at 2500 fps impact vel. Fortunately I had broadside shots on them

Actually the 6.5 is a great moose round. One of the most popular in the Scandinavian countries

But American's haven't caught on to how great the 6.5 s are.

I know I'll be using my 6.5 Cm for moose this coming fall. I need to do bullet tests but the 130TSX is on the short list so far. I know guys + girls who use the 270 Win for moose .

Since Ive shot coyote with my 416 Rem mag and fox with my 9.3x64 I know that often a guy doesn't have the ideal rifle in hand when a varmint appears .
The 250 gr TSX 9.3 bullet at 2700 fps impact vel. Was a lot easier on the fur than the 350 gr Speer 416 bullet at 2500 fps impact vel. Fortunately I had broadside shots on them

i know the 270 is just fine for moose , but here in america, we dont like to ever use the correct cartrige for anything, its either too light or too heavy on anything (including our weight ;) ) so basicly, we use a 243 on p-dogs, and people such as my self are using guns like the 7mag, or the 300 winny on yotes, while others use a 17hmr or 22lr on em. i know guys that use 416 rigbys on elk, and deer. and i know a guy that uses a 220 swift on elk and a 22lr on deer.

Go with a partition instead of a ballistic tip. I have seen ballistic tips blow the entire rib cage out of deer on the entrance side!!!!

Slow and heavy and FMJ style might ….might save some fur. Most deer I kill with partitions have almost no hide damage. Coyotes not gonna be the same story.

Rem 700 fur friendly load

120g Sierra or ballistic tip
59-60g of IMR 4350
Rem 9 1/2
3000 fps

This drops the 7 mag down to the 25/06 levels.

Another load is with IMR 4064, but you HAVE to use a minimum of a cci 250 primer with a Fed 215 being a better choice due to a lack of case fill. We got hang fires with Reg primers but the vel at 2900 fps was great with the 120g...check an old sierra manual for the load.