From Butte America

Yobuck, your killing me with the price of powder thing:). Whatever happen to those days and prices...guess it went the same route as everything else. Take care.

We need to consider doing a Montana Meet and Greet BBQ and Shoot. What say you all?

Sounds like fun. Maybe we could do some predator controll and save some Elk and Ranchers some headaches at the same time :D hahaha
''REMEMBER THE BIG HOLE!!!!!'' I miss Montana............. What a great state!

Sounds like fun. Maybe we could do some predator controll and save some Elk and Ranchers some headaches at the same time :D hahaha
''REMEMBER THE BIG HOLE!!!!!'' I miss Montana............. What a great state!

I fully concur...I know people in Dillon, maybe I can arrange a varmint control get together

I fully concur...I know people in Dillon, maybe I can arrange a varmint control get together
Ya Ive got a buddy over by there on another ranch. We went to Highschool togather. He rodeoed for Oklahoma, and I rodeoed for TVCC. I could give him a call and see if the ranch would let us shoot there. To be honest Im not gonna hold my breath, but it never hurts to ask. I know my buddy would do anything he could to promote us getting permission. Still its a longshot.......
Whats the general consensis on a time frame? Ive got another buddy further north I could talk to also.

Ya Ive got a buddy over by there on another ranch. We went to Highschool togather. He rodeoed for Oklahoma, and I rodeoed for TVCC. I could give him a call and see if the ranch would let us shoot there. To be honest Im not gonna hold my breath, but it never hurts to ask. I know my buddy would do anything he could to promote us getting permission. Still its a longshot.......
Whats the general consensis on a time frame? Ive got another buddy further north I could talk to also.

No time had been metioned yet, but July or August (yeah I know..rattlesnake season) may bea good time

winmag, what or who is TVCC? I didn't know you rodeoed.

Yep. Un fortunately Chas, the few things Im good at seem to leave scars or long term injuries. Oh well it was fun. I rode Bulls and Bareback Horses at Treasure Valley Community College (t.v.c.c.) on the N.I.R.A. Collegate Rodeo Circut, and then I got smart and quit riding bulls, and concentrated on Bareback Horses, and rode a year and a half of N.P.R.A. (Northwest Pro Rodeo Assn) its pro, but more like the minor leagues of rodeo. P.R.C.A. is the big leagues. I rode alot of the same Stock Contractors Horses, but the competition wasnt top of the top level. There was a pile of guys WAY better than me, and I was loosing more $ than I was making. When I woke up in the arena, and again in the hospital, The Doc, told me my right arm, shoulder and collar bone, were destroyed, and Id never be able to Rodeo again. I told him he was full of $^!*, and Id just ride left handed. But that required alot of new gear, and I wasnt making enough $ to swich anyway. Not to mention the girl I was dating and her parents (both E.M.T.'s at that rodeo) Talked me out of it for the next year or two. By then I lost the ''fire''.
Lots of good times and great stories, but, looking back on it, it was not the best idea I ever had. I havent been on a Buckin Horse (Rodeo stock anyway) for years.

winmag, if you hadn't of done it you would probably regret having not done it for many years...maybe even today. That's sometimes how it is when we have a fire in the belly...if we don't, we sometimes wonder what if I had and wished we'd tried. Don't look back, in many ways your probably a better person for having done so.

Sounds like a great idea. I could help with the BBQ. I have some friends in Dillon. I will give them a call. First week in August is high country backpacking, but other than than that, any time is good for me.

Frank

Sounds like a great idea. I could help with the BBQ. I have some friends in Dillon. I will give them a call. First week in August is high country backpacking, but other than than that, any time is good for me.

Frank
Ya fall bear opens August 1st in Or.

fgs,

I just stumbled onto this thread. Seems like all it needs to complete the atmosphere is a pot bellied stove...... That's the kind of forum LRH is.

But " But I think maybe I am shooting an excessively high velocity and can easily come down a bit in velocity." is blasphemy or sacrilege or some kind of other awful sin.:D Are you sure you didn't fall of something when you were a kid?:)

winmag

My diagnosis of you was correct. But I figured the cause to be more of something like a bike wreck.:rolleyes:

bigngreen.

Hells fire, Dillon is just up the road. I don't need much of an excuse to head up that way. Heck, its the next city past Du Bois. If kirby ever gets my 375 done I'll stop it by on the way back so you can touch it.:D

That would be a great excuse to drop by the the MT folks and spread a little (or a lot) of BS on the way.......

Gotta go ..... back to my bullet manufacturing project.:rolleyes:

fgs,

I just stumbled onto this thread. Seems like all it needs to complete the atmosphere is a pot bellied stove...... That's the kind of forum LRH is.

But " But I think maybe I am shooting an excessively high velocity and can easily come down a bit in velocity." is blasphemy or sacrilege or some kind of other awful sin. Are you sure you didn't fall of something when you were a kid?

winmag

My diagnosis of you was correct. But I figured the cause to be more of something like a bike wreck.:rolleyes:

bigngreen.

Hells fire, Dillon is just up the road. I don't need much of an excuse to head up that way. Heck, its the next city past Du Bois. If kirby ever gets my 375 done I'll stop it by on the way back so you can touch it.:D

That would be a great excuse to drop by the the MT folks and spread a little (or a lot) of BS on the way.......

Gotta go ..... back to my bullet manufacturing project.:rolleyes:

Roy, Just what kind of a corner have I painted myself into?
I dont own a bike for 2 reasons. 1 Id be picked up off the road with a spatula, 2. Im too small to look good on a real bike like a Harley. 5'-10'' and 170lbs, and mamma wont let me grow a beard unless Im elk huntin and I only have 1 tattoo(and its only visible when Im not wearing a shirt) and DONT plan on getting anymore:D. I used to be hell on wheels on my Redline pedal bike as a kid tho.... Makin Mom nervous was 1/2 the fun:D.

Hey how bout July, I gotta be in a wedding in the middle of July, but Either way, if I cant go Ill still ask about the ranch for you guys. I just need to know a time frame before I ask.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.