Free Scope = involvement. RKBA = Apathy.

AJ Peacock

Over 1000 posts of people interested in winning a free scope.

I wish everyone was so excited about writing their senators.

I emailed mine today asking them NOT to support Sotomayor and that I'd consider a vote for her confirmation as a vote against the 2nd amendment.

I wish everyone would get as excited about KEEPING the firearms they currently have as they do to try and win something.

AJ

to many complacent people,that don't understand that the more proactive we are as a whole the better the chance we will preserve a lifestyle that many of us enjoy. hell if you don't write your representatives and tell them what's important to you, then you get what get so don't throw a fit.(as my daughter say's) in my opinion we should all volunteer are time to improving are image and trying to mainstream this image so when it comes to restricting this or that and it will; we will already be on solid footing with the public and maybe then being proactive will pay off. And if your so inclined , run for some sort of public office .(easier to make those changes from the inside!!)

Yes, we all need to stay in touch with our senators and congressmen/congresswomen. I have e-mailed mine on a regular basis concerning 2nd Amendment as well as other issues. Thankfully, they are all pro-gun Republicans. However, I will continue to voice my opinion to let them know where I stand.

My Senators are Diane Feinstein and Barbara Boxer.:rolleyes:

Do you think it would do any good to ask those Commie bitches to vote against Sotomayer?

Not a snowball's chance in Hell! :D

My Senators are Diane Feinstein and Barbara Boxer.:rolleyes:

Do you think it would do any good to ask those Commie bitches to vote against Sotomayer?

Not a snowball's chance in Hell! :D

No, but it might help your karma, or maybe your email will push one of their servers over the edge which might push one of them over the edge ... You know, if a butterfly flaps it's wings ...

It certainly couldn't hurt.

AJ

ps: My Senators are also lib/dems, but I still make my voice known. If I don't they will continue to labor under the delusion that they are correct in their idiocy.

Last edited:
I email mine all the time about everything. As for haveing liberal reps, I think they need to be contacted more than anyone else. They still have to get reelected. If enough people tell them they won't vote for them if they don't change thier stance on things like the second amendment they will have to listen. I hope.

Well I knew this was going to be the response be for I sent my message of opposition, but I did anyway. This guy is like the cousin you have but don't like to admit it!

Dear Mr. Mason:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the nomination of Sonia Sotomayor to be Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court. I appreciate hearing from all Pennsylvanians about the issues that matter most to them.

On May 26, 2009, President Obama announced his nomination of Sonia Sotomayor to replace retiring Justice David H. Souter on the Supreme Court. As you know, the Supreme Court is the highest court in the federal judiciary and decides cases of enormous importance to the Nation. As a part of her confirmation process, I had the privilege to meet with Judge Sotomayor on June 9, 2009. After meeting with Judge Sotomayor, I was extremely impressed by her knowledge of the law and her personal warmth. I was also impressed by her honesty in answering questions and her understanding of the role of the judiciary at all levels of our federal system in ensuring the promise of 'equal justice under law.'

I have monitored Judge Sotomayor's testimony before the Judiciary Committee and I believe she has demonstrated that she is highly qualified to become a Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. As a U.S. Senator, I take very seriously my own constitutional role in Judge Sotomayor's confirmation process and I will be closely reviewing her judicial career and qualifications as her confirmation process continues.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please be assured that I have been gratified to hear from my constituents regarding Judge Sotomayor and the significance of this historic nomination. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

If you have access to the Internet, I encourage you to visit my web site, http://casey.senate.gov. I invite you to use this online office as a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
Bob Casey
United States Senator

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts