Freeloader?

I don't agree with their views on a lot of things. .

Would you name some of these views you don't agree with?

BTW, Bush isn't my favorite either. He has done a lot of harm to our rights but what politician hasn't lately?

And the NRA is just one organization that gun owners can back. There are others. Do you belong to any or are you just enjoying your firearms at other's expense?

"Assault weapons"? What pray tell, is an assault weapon? Perhaps I'm confused, isn't every weapon an assault weapon. Seems the nature of a weapon to me. So, we may presume you don't believe Americans are entitled to "assault" weapons. In which case, the second ammendment must've been meant to protect our right to hunt ducks, not defend our lives and property. Better yet we should be hunting ducks with single shots, microstamped pellets, and pass a physcological evaluation to check our NON assault gun out to go hunting. Damned slippery slope you're walking.

What you fail to realize is there are people actively, constantly, and frighteningly effectively trying to COMPLETELY strip us of our right to keep and bear arms. The NRA is the largest MOST EFFECTIVE organization protecting your rights!

This is not the time for a watered down belief in our right to keep and bear arms. The second ammendment is very simple! We have the right to bear arms in DC, in national parks, at work, on the bus, in college, in New Orleans..... These are a few of the current battles. Perhaps you don't care if you can carry a gun in those places. Perhaps you don't care if you can own a semi automatic weapon of any type, a handgun, a "high powered" rifle, or a gun with a detachable magazine, a rifle with a scope or one that just looks scary. But, if the NRA didn't, you wouldn't!!

Get off the fence, out of the margin. The second ammendment is the keystone right! It guarantees all other rights.

life member here....

also signed my 2 sons up as life members....i am a firm believer in the constitution, just as it was written...not how liberal idiots like troutslayer want to interpret it. he is just what the name of this post insinuates.....freeloader......he wants the freedoms that the NRA protect for all of us without paying his dues. AJ

"Assault weapons"? What pray tell, is an assault weapon? Perhaps I'm confused, isn't every weapon an assault weapon. Seems the nature of a weapon to me. So, we may presume you don't believe Americans are entitled to "assault" weapons. In which case, the second ammendment must've been meant to protect our right to hunt ducks, not defend our lives and property. Better yet we should be hunting ducks with single shots, microstamped pellets, and pass a physcological evaluation to check our NON assault gun out to go hunting. Damned slippery slope you're walking.

Did they spoon feed you this statement or did you think it up all by yourself? Slippery slope my ***. Show me one single thing the NRA has actually done and maybe I'll reconsider joining. Polarizing....

Fishkiller,
I seriously doubt you really don't know. Every item I mentioned is something the NRA has done and is doing. The list is endless. Your rebuttal is pretty pathetic. Fact is there was no rebuttal, just a feeble insult. I have not insulted you. I have provided an accurate, valid argument.

You seem awfully bitter. What for? Your rights are being protected for you. Continue on your merry way.

Unfortunately, this is an all too common occurence today. It's kind of like the Welfare saying. Keep on working because millions of freeloaders depend on you!

Yep, pretty much & I see alot of those people sitting on porches as I head for home after work.

Our founders used "assualt weapons" to defeat the Brits. And yea, I have a RRA Varmiter, a sub 1/2" kick butt Varmiter for 223 yardages & I plan on keeping it BTW.

Now the anti's call scoped bolt action rifles "sniper rifles", I guess Tr.M. is cool with that too! And oh yea, I am a life member as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.