Free Hog Hunting or Free Lodging

I was somewhat disappointed that no one called to hunt. Since I posted this thread the locals and a few guys from Amarillo and Lubbock came and killed over 200 pigs in two months. All of this was done just driving around about 250 acres of land. Last week we got the state to bring in their helicopter to help us. A mile and a half SE of the milo field the copter got 53 in one group. A mile and a half SW they bagged 31 in one group. A little more than a half mile East they got 135 in one group. I shot over 24 in four days just out of my pickup right before the helicopter came. Someone dropped the ball on this one!!!

From my outsider perspective you sounded a little on the aggressive side so that may have put some people off. $50 a day to help you save some of your crop . Did you charge the locals and the helicopter shooters $50 a day ?
If you had said as a favour to LRH members I will only charge you $50 a week to shoot as many pigs as you want and you can camp for free it may have been different.
It costs a hog shooter a lot of money just to get to your front gate .
Not having a go at you just puttin forward the other guys situation .
However I have no doubt that some richer shooters that don't have to travel far will pay that .

From my outsider perspective you sounded a little on the aggressive side so that may have put some people off. $50 a day to help you save some of your crop . Did you charge the locals and the helicopter shooters $50 a day ?
If you had said as a favour to LRH members I will only charge you $50 a week to shoot as many pigs as you want and you can camp for free it may have been different.
It costs a hog shooter a lot of money just to get to your front gate .
Not having a go at you just puttin forward the other guys situation .
However I have no doubt that some richer shooters that don't have to travel far will pay that .

Please read my first post CAREFULLY!!! Note that the deal was for a neighbor of mine, not me. I don't have the facilities nor the time to entertain hunters! Glenn does....

An old saying comes to mind....*** or gas nobody rides free!!!

Please read my first post CAREFULLY!!! Note that the deal was for a neighbour of mine, not me. I don't have the facilities nor the time to entertain hunters! Glenn does....

An old saying comes to mind....*** or gas nobody rides free!!!

I don't wish to upset or argue with you. However nothing about it being your neighbour in your first post just names ???
You were disappointed why no one responded and asked why ? I responded to that post . I can see why.
Maybe you should leave things to Glenn

Reminds me of an old saying , Too many cooks spoil the broth.

I tried calling this number today, and it said the number was disconnected. Is the offer still valid? If so, is there another number I can reach them at? Thank you for your help!

Tyler

Have seen other adds for free hog hunts but I thought that it was a joke. I have seen vid. on hog problems in southern states. I would love to help you out next time you are invated by hogs, have rv and can travel if given lead time. Wife still works. e-mail [email protected]. Live Oregon

The number is still 806-469-5212. If you called the last couple of days they have had a death in the family and probably were not taking calls.

Glenn doesn't have one crop. He has two. Milo and Pigs. When he's back down to one crop and treats the Pigs for what they are, a crop destroying nuisance, he'll get a better response. By my count, that's over 400 pigs removed. I guess 400 rototilling vandals tearing up your property and income doesn't qualify as a problem. I might suggest that when Glenn decides he does have a problem, to hire the people to use their time, money and resources to get his problem under control.

Glenn plants milo FOR the pigs. He is a cotton farmer that plants milo behind failed or idle cotton acres for pig hunting. He likes to hunt pigs and he likes to see other people enjoy hunting pigs. The one price he charges for staying in his house and usually letting people use his 4-wheelers and sometimes guided night hunts if he has time is not unreasonable. Most people want to come again.

Glenn plants milo FOR the pigs. He is a cotton farmer that plants milo behind failed or idle cotton acres for pig hunting. He likes to hunt pigs and he likes to see other people enjoy hunting pigs. The one price he charges for staying in his house and usually letting people use his 4-wheelers and sometimes guided night hunts if he has time is not unreasonable. Most people want to come again.

My mistake, sorry. Glenn's the first farmer I've heard of that encourages the presence of feral hogs. Yes, the price is more than fair, in fact, generous.

Frankly guys this is the best deal I have heard of for shooting pigs. I live in San Antonio and I'm always looking for reasonable deals under $150.00 to hunt hogs. Most of the time it's $150.00 for up to two hogs is the lowest I've heard. A number of ranches want $300.00 for two day hunt for two hogs or $100.00 for each additional hog. I'm jumping on this deal with both feet. gun)
Also a lot of ranchers prefer to hunt hogs in February when the population is at its lowest and night hunting is back on after deer season. Plus your less likely to find as many parasites on the pigs and hopefully the mosquitoes, gnats and flies are dormant.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.