Free Hog Hunting or Free Lodging

Coy Franks

gun)

That's right either FREE hog hunting or FREE lodging in West Texas around a 115 acre milo field with headed grain. $50.00 /day/person for either lodging or hunting.

Call 806-469-5212 and VERY politely ask Mary Jo if you can speak to Glenn about hog hunting.

You better act quick the milo will not last long!!! The hogs are eating it up!!!!!

gun) :D

I was somewhat disappointed that no one called to hunt. Since I posted this thread the locals and a few guys from Amarillo and Lubbock came and killed over 200 pigs in two months. All of this was done just driving around about 250 acres of land. Last week we got the state to bring in their helicopter to help us. A mile and a half SE of the milo field the copter got 53 in one group. A mile and a half SW they bagged 31 in one group. A little more than a half mile East they got 135 in one group. I shot over 24 in four days just out of my pickup right before the helicopter came. Someone dropped the ball on this one!!!

I would have loved to go. But Texas is a little to far from Indiana for me this time of year. I repair furnaces for a living.

Are the pigs worth eating, or is the hunt just to get rid of the pigs? I realize that pigs can do horrible damage to crops, fencing, and make life downright miserable for any other stock you might have. I have no problem getting rid of overpopulations of pigs, I just wondered if they are edible?

I have always been invited to a few farms out side of little Rock Arkansas, the farmers could care less if you gut shoot the SOBs kill them all. there a four legged roto tiller. in one night they turned up an area as big as my yard. Max Carter said why should I plant? there just gonna destroy everything in a week. He had a ****in match with another land owner that the Hogs run to and have a safe place to hide. till they started turning up there flower beds, now they are at war. this is the reason I burned up Barrel on my first 7MAG.

All the meat went to familys around the area after the old men butcherd them and the Deer.

Its kinda neat, they have a smoker from hell, its 12ftx12ft and they have a tray on ball berrings they just pull the logs out take out the ash fill it with Hickory and shove it back in.
he can smoke more meat than I can believe..
They come out with an old jeep a kid at that time was around ten pulling a trailer and they would toss them into and drive off..Some times they would just take a high pressure washer to the Hog than guy them and clean them real good burry them for a week in salt and smoke them whole.

Eating feral pigs...

I just got done with dinner of pulled pork from this forum. Thank you Coy! We had a great hunt and will have a big pig roast from the two we brought back to NM. They will feed more than 50+ people. If you all want to hunt feral hogs contact Mary Jo at the number that has been listed. Be very courteous and respectful to this lady. There are lots of hogs off the caprock. Enjoy! MTG

I don't know how I missed it earlier, other than I have 2 freezers that are both FULL & my wife says no more freezers.

What does an out-of-state license cost? Is this likely to be just rifle hunting or would a bow be practical?

My biggest cost would be travel from NC & back — which makes this hunt fairly expensive for a day or two shooting pigs.

It does sound like FUN! Is there a "best" time of year now that the milo field is gone?

How young can hunters be in Texas? I have a 12 year old daughter that would get a kick out of the action if I could get her there. She's hunted deer (successfully) since she was 9.

hi my name is davin and i am looking for land to hog hunt on and sounds like you need to get rid of some

I was somewhat disappointed that no one called to hunt. Since I posted this thread the locals and a few guys from Amarillo and Lubbock came and killed over 200 pigs in two months. All of this was done just driving around about 250 acres of land. Last week we got the state to bring in their helicopter to help us. A mile and a half SE of the milo field the copter got 53 in one group. A mile and a half SW they bagged 31 in one group. A little more than a half mile East they got 135 in one group. I shot over 24 in four days just out of my pickup right before the helicopter came. Someone dropped the ball on this one!!!

Just now saw the post. I hate that I missed that opportunity. What is the nearest town where the field is. I travel to that area in TX occasionally. I would love to help out if they need it again next year.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.