Free floating and encore?

Another good option is a pillar bedded forend.
I will be trying one of those after the first of the year on a Contender.

I have free floated a number of Encore forends. For wood I create two pads around the screw holes by milling the excess away. For synthetic I cut away the internal ribs so that the barrel rests only on the pads around the screw holes. Make sure that the barrel does not touch on the sides.

Another method is to put a washer under the barrel. The washer acts like a spacer and raises the barrel to clear the forearm.

I've done it several ways now I use pillers exclusivly , but you canget great results by using regular bedding compound and bedding the area from screw to screw.
I tried several differant things to try to squeez the last little bit out ofthe Encore but found that piller bedding is the easiest unless you make a hanger bar setup. but the same results were achieved with hanger bars , pillers and bedding between the screws, and honestly smply placing a small flat washer between the forend and the barrel will give the same result.

when I accurize an Encore , the trigger and hinge pin are I feel the two biggest factors and then the forend .Typicaly you can cut your groups in half by working the trigger , the hinge pin the forend and a good crown.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.