Free 4 day prairie dog hunt

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Bud Martin, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Bud Martin

Bud Martin Well-Known Member

We are giving away a 4 day/night prairie dog hunt, I would like to see a longrangehunting member win this. rules and sign are up at www.ultimateprairiedoghunting.com

2. Tyler Kemp

Tyler Kemp SPONSOR

My dad entered for me...I hope we win!

3. silvertip-co

silvertip-co Well-Known Member

With thousands of prairie dogs surrounding my huge 1.2 acre ranch here I entered the contest. Doesnt make a lot of sense but sure sounds fun. Thx for the link.

4. RockZ

RockZ Well-Known Member

Signed up. Looks like an awesome setup!
    Thanks

5. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

This is one hunting I've never done ... I know I'm missing out big time. Excited to try it out so I signed up. Thanks for the opportunity.

6. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

So how many rounds does a guy need for a hunt like that when dog hunting? Never done it before, so that is something worth knowing.

Tank

7. Bud Martin

The guys that are leaving after supper tonight have shot about 200 rounds a day per person. precision type shooters will not shoot that many. it all depends on how much you like your current barrel. when I shoot myself 50 a day is enough per gun.

8. liltank

Guess I'm going to have to load a few different rifles. OH DARN!:D

9. loaders_loft

loaders_loft Well-Known Member

The past two years in a row, I consumed about 300 rounds per day using 4 different rifles - (2) 22-250's, a 243 and a 22 hornet.

If you only have 1 rifle you won't be able to shoot that much- it gets too hot. I'd recommend having at least 2 varmint rifles.

10. liltank

I have a .308 and my 300WSM for the long shots. I have a 243 that I can use for shorter shots and access to a 22 Hornet that I can load for. Let's see if I win first. I'm sure there are thousands of sportsman signing up for this thing. Just a dream I would say.:rolleyes:

Tank!!!

11. Scott B

Scott B New Member

We shot there for the last 2 years with redbone outfitting and are going again in July. you will need at least 150 rounds a day and more that one gun. you can ruin a barrel real quick if you only use one gun.

12. loaders_loft

loaders_loft Well-Known Member

35 gr V-Max with about 12gr Lil-Gun is sweet for the 22 hornet. That pops them pretty good within 100 yards if the wind is calm. The hornet is just really cool for dog towns because you can blast and blast, and the barrel never really heats up...

13. Bud Martin

Hope all you long range shooters are signed up for this. 4 days left to get it done.