Colorado to Ban Prairie Dog Hunting

bjlooper

The Colorado Wildlife commission held its regular March meeting in Denver on Thursday, March 13. The meeting began at 8:30 a.m. and ran through 4:15 p.m.

A citizen petition was introduced for banning the shooting of prairie dogs.

Colorado cattle growers and sheep grower's assoc were present to argue against the petition.

Commissioners will hear more debate at next meeting on May 1-2 - Meeting in Grand Junction. Your presence will be helpful.

The Commission will make a decision at the July10-11 Meeting in Durango.
Most of the commission members are not hunters, so this will seem like a valid cause to them.

If we don't standup for our sport no one else will. There is also a good possibility that the neighboring states will soon follow suit.

Attendance at the meting will be helpful or if unable. Letters or calls to the Commission will help.

DR B

Commission Web site
CommissonHome - Colorado Division of Wildlife

Commission E-mail
[email protected]

E-mail of Commission Members
Wildlife Commissioners - Colorado Division of Wildlife

Copy of petition
http://wildlife.state.co.us/NR/rdonl...iveTargets.pdf

have faith.....

....but.....everyone should take the time to write to the wildlife commisioners....numbers matter.....if we dont get vocal over this it could happen.

I happen to be good friends with one of the members of the wildlife commision. he and I spent many a day hunting prarie dogs back in our younger days and we still hunt together with our sons for deer and elk. i know what his feelings are on this matter and i know him to be a staunch supporter of our hunting heritage. i have faith that this will come out in our favor....AJ

And thats not all,,,.CO Was also the first state to put a bag limit of ONE Tree Hugger / Day and that just bites im staying in Idaho this year

WHAT?????...only 1 treehugger per day? Now that's what i call an OUTRAGE. There shouldn't be any limit on those varmints at all. They serve no purposes other than too make the rest of the world miserable. To hell with their limits..........I'll just shoot them on sight for fun anyways.

I'm in virginia, and will probably never hunt pairie dogs in colorado, but ill email them simply because i absolutly oppose any ban that effects hunting or shooting.

Oliver Lottermann

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.