prairie dog hunting at Buffalo Butte Lodge

woodnut

Just got back from my second prairie dog hunt, in one month, with the Springer family of Buffalo Butte Lodge in Gregory ,South Dakota. If you want the great accommodations, superb food and fine dog shooting; you can't go wrong coming here! It's why I came driving back from Va. for my second shoot within one month! It's a great place. You have wonderful hosts in the Springer family.
I also gotta blow my horn a bit. With an AR15, in 223 A.I. and a 55 grain Blitz King bullet; I whacked one at 862 ranged yards! On the second trip, someone (barely) beat it with a 6x284 and 105s at 865 ranged yards. So, yeah, you can still find the long shots and even lots longer than that. The lodge has an 1100 yard bench range right above the lodge to test you and your equipment. Not to mention the 100, 200 and 300 yards you can also shoot behind the lodge! Or fish, or shoot shotguns! Did I mention the fantastic food? I'm sure I'm leaving out some things, like cold beer, the bar, the shuffle board and the pool table to cover a few more.
I VERY highly recommend Buffalo Butte Lodge not only for prairie dog shooting, but I'm positive the pheasant hunts have gotta be as good! Plan ahead, they stay booked.

I checked out their ad, looks like you'd have work hard not to have fun. Especially liked the "We built it" portion of the ad.

Curtis, I was with Joel on the last trip. No, no picts at the dog towns. Lots around the lodge and the beautiful countryside!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.