FN SPR A3G doesn't shoot 1/2 MOA as promised. It shoots way better! :)

I didn't realize the TRG's had chrome lined barrels, sounds like your rifle is quite a nice one too! I've handled them in a store and they have had nice triggers. Sako puts out a great product. I didn't realize they were that ham handed with some of the AR barrels. Wow. I wish Sako or FN would put out some 6.5 barrels that were chrome lined. That would really be a test for the chrome lining. Wonder how much of a difference that would make in longevity with some of the burners like the 6.5x284.

I didn't realize the TRG's had chrome lined barrels, sounds like your rifle is quite a nice one too! I've handled them in a store and they have had nice triggers. Sako puts out a great product. I didn't realize they were that ham handed with some of the AR barrels. Wow. I wish Sako or FN would put out some 6.5 barrels that were chrome lined. That would really be a test for the chrome lining. Wonder how much of a difference that would make in longevity with some of the burners like the 6.5x284.

Interestingly enough I am getting ready to rebarrel the trg22. It will be 6mm though not 6.5. Its my wildcat based off 6.5x284 case. Shoulder set back to allow for plenty of room for mag feed without setting the bullet back. Less taper and a 40 degree shoulder with long neck. Will have at least the capacity of Crusader (a blown out 6mm rem} but shorter to allow for chasing the lands.

I have nothing but good experience with the CL sako barrels as well as the ones we had made for ourARs we built. With that said I made the switch baxk in 06 07ish to nnitrocarborizing (melonite) and found it superior in everway. Not to memtion at the manf level its lower cost with far less pre and post work.

So for me I would recommend going NC over CL. Just be sure to polish the chamber and bore when it comes back as the beads can't polish the interior effectively.

With CL you will need to have a finish reamer to clean up the chamber and will also need to skim the crown so its sharp and even again. Also its well worth it to polish the cham er and bore after with CL as well. Obviously Sako and FN are putting this extra work into their barrels as well or they would not shoot thiz well from barrel to barrel.

Anhways thats my take on it from my experience for what its worth.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.