Fly leftovers

[ QUOTE ]
Got one ?. Why did you divide the 200 yd group by 2 to get .190? Just curious. I'm sure there is a method behind the madness /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

That shows group size in MOA. Group is .382" @ 200 yds which equates to: .191 MOA ~JT

GG,
How big are the flies in that part of the country?
Just kidding!!! You have to admit that's a good one!
Fenomenal shooting!

Sorry Edge, they were not MK's so the jury is still out on that!

They were 66 grain Flat base bullets made by Ronnie CHeek. I use 27.0 grains of H322 most days to launch them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
DO you think that you need to dial it in a little better?

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Actually, being the way I am, I will try to fine tune it a little more by playing with seating depths a bit next week before the match. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Answers:

Either sex
Management
Better than the MK's or SCenars
I have no ethics. Just ask guys from WY. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Baiting is allowed although this was spot and shoot.
I aimed for the shoulder and the head all at once so I wouldn't be pestered to death. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
unlimited
over the counter
About 8 months
I know several good taxidermist but I don't think they have a bill for flies.
Yes.
No paper with details because I was alone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks Bill.

25AOD got it right. Since we shoot 100 and 200 yards and combine the two for an aggregate, we divide the 200 yard groups by 2 to put it into MOA so that the match director's computer can average the agg. The actual measurement from outside to outside subtracting the bullet diameter was .381"

Bill Bailey,

Just for fun, eventually when converting the group to MOA,
there is a little step missing.

Original group at 200 yrds = 0.381"
That means at 100 yards it'd be: 0.381/2 = 0.190" (inches)
converting to MOA @ 100 YARDS: 0.190/1.047= <font color="red">0.182 MOA </font>

I don't think we should be talking so openly on the internet about shooting flies on purpose. Some group out there right now is trying to add flies to some special protected group.

All you are doing with this irresponsible talk is creating problems for the long range community. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Be careful not to post this story over on "flygods.com" They may flame you for killing flies at anything outside flyswatter range. I'm pretty sure anything above hypodermic needle caliber would also be considered unfair and very unsporting. Great shooting.

For some reason the pics do not open for me, I just get the little white box with an "x" in it...but with all of the comments I have a prety good mental picture of the results.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.