Fixed 6 power scopes

timmay

Im looking to mount a 6x power scope on a CZ 550 Varmint with walnut stock.
Its either going to be the popular Leupold FX2 6x36, FX3 6x42 or the IOR 6x42

IOR 6x42 $600
Leupold FX3 6x42 $400
Leupold FX2 6x36 $300

If the glass on the IOR is really worth double the price than Ill spring for it, but Im just not thinking its there. I can't look through any of them as no one around here has either one. Id have to order one
The FX2 6x36 seems to be the worldwide favorite for the price point

A buddy of mine had an IOR. I had the opportunity to shoot with it. Can't remember the issue exactly but neither my buddy really liked it. In the end, he sold it. Don't mean that to be an indictment of everything the company does. It's just my singular experience with one of their scopes.

get the fixed 6 power Super Sniper

you can get in MIL/MIL or MOA/MOA
SWFA SS 6x42 Tactical Riflescope | SWFA

you can get this at SWFA
SWFA SS 6x42 Tactical Riflescope | SWFA

They have 30 mil tubes

They are bullet proof (50 cal approved)

V/R
M.Bird

I was thinking about that one, but its too big, bulky and heavy. Im looking for something lightweight and doesn't have to be all tactical looking with huge turrets....honestly Im getting tired of the whole tactical thing, thats why I specifically looked for a varmint rifle with a walnut stock
But thanks for your advice. I know they are great scopes, just not what Im looking for

Im looking to mount a 6x power scope on a CZ 550 Varmint with walnut stock.
Its either going to be the popular Leupold FX2 6x36, FX3 6x42 or the IOR 6x42

IOR 6x42 $600
Leupold FX3 6x42 $400
Leupold FX2 6x36 $300

If the glass on the IOR is really worth double the price than Ill spring for it, but Im just not thinking its there. I can't look through any of them as no one around here has either one. Id have to order one
The FX2 6x36 seems to be the worldwide favorite for the price point

That's too bad, there's a lot of scope in the SWFA and it is also my pick. I don't pay attention to the tactical hype use and stick to my personal preference and intended use.

I don't have any of the scope listed but have looked through them. Both have excellent glass; did not do any varying field test conditions so at this point I'd consider them near equal Hopefully, somebody that did will chime in). I did however give the eye relief advantage to the Leupold FX3 6x42 at ~4.4" versus ~3.75" for the IOR but prefer the IOR's reticle.

I'm a big Leupold fan and own quite a few of them but IIWY, I'd go with the IOR as a perfect match for the CZ. :)

Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.