First time @ 1000 yds.

1.5-2.5MOA at properly long ranges is pretty good for an LR noob. Separate your horizontal group size from your vertical group size and you might get a better idea of what you can work on to improve. Hitting consistently at all at long range is what counts. Now you just gotta let the sickness set in. 10 shots in 8 minutes isn't nearly a lot and I wonder how your barrel got so hot with that. In matches I shoot at we'll put 10 shots down in 90 seconds and barrels are just starting to get warmish.

It may not have sounded humble, but after getting whipped by other men, women and children - trust me it is humbling LOL!
It did sound humble enough to me Sir! Nice shooting it is...and no matter how good a person gets...there is always someone better! Shoot straight, shoot often and shoot for you!

I was shooting a Bergara Ridge .300 PRC w/ Sightron STAC 4-20x50. My friend a custom BAT actioned 6 BRDX w/ NF 12-42. Factory class for me, heavy varmint for him.
At Hawk's Ridge Gun Club in Ferguson, NC. Some serious shooters & shooting irons up here.

was this yesterday?

Hawks Ridge isn't too far from me and probably would have swung by to check the place out as maybe one day soon i'll be shooting there

good shootin for sure

I think that's fantastic. Good job! Especially since at that range and with a 20 power scope, you'd essentially be covering the entire target with your reticle.

And a high-five to a fellow 300 PRC owner! May Hornady never run low on ammo again, may more manufacturers start producing the cartridge, and may large rifle magnum primers flow like the Niagara falls!

Amen

Thanks! I better get more comfortable at 1000 first LOL. My first probably would have been better - two things probably hurt. One - putting 10 shots down range (5 sighters and 5 on target) in 8 minutes. Probably as hot as I have ever gotten a barrel. I should have taken more of the allotted time and Two - I know I pulled one shot. One on the first was out of the score, probably 12 inches from the next closest. On the second group, I felt good about all five and slowed down a little. At least I felt pretty decent about my loads as my vertical was only 4" - I expect I can thank A&D for that. The horizontal - I expect that was mostly me.
Congrats on entering the 1K world. Well, done!! What were the wind conditions? Big impact at 1K. Variable wind spreads those groups horizontally in addition to shooter skills. Wind separates the Trigger Pullers from The Shooters. Also, do you know the MV stats....SD and ES..... on the ammo lot? Very important as the range grows. What is the accuracy of your specific rifle system? All those variables contributory for final groupings.

I was taking a Precision rifle class offered at Strategic Edge and taught by the owner Tony Shankle, after being taught about shooting form technique various other details we began shooting when the range went cold we would go and cover our hits for the next round .well down there at my target Tony said you need to take a picture of that I didn't know what I had done. this was when I just began long range shooting beginners luck!