First squirrel kill

REDHEAD

Crossman Titan GP .177 , 1200 '/s , 10 yds right below his ear. I was very disappointed in this rifle. Crow Magnum pellet. I have a hard time understanding what anybody see's in these. I have shot many squirrels , none too die immediately. I'm sure their are many that have sucumb to their wounds, and died. I am an immediate gradification type person. I'm thinking in terms of .17HMR.

I received a little air crossman pistol for christmas when I was 7, and immediently started killing cans and "stuff." That spring, my dad took me to a sugar camp owned by his uncle. On the way I was shooting at squirrels and stuff, imagine my suprise when we walked around a tree and saw the dead squirrel. Never did find any trauma to the little guy, we always assumed it was a heart attack......lol......I still have the tail somewhere.

JPB

Don't shoot that one, but I shot dozens of squirrels in Morrison county with a 2100 classic pushing around 750 fps. From what I remember if you get a good solid hit with a soft pellet it was a good kill. I shot a woodchuck with it even (although it was through the eye). DOA

May want to try softer pellets so they do a little more mushrooming???

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.