Longest .17HMR kill?

Has anyone shot the Hornady 20 grain Game Points? I have a Savage 93r17 and it shoots the 17gr Vmax pretty well. However, it typically splits squirrels **** near in half.

I wonder what the 20 grain hollow point does. Anybody???

Just went through bout 30 of the 20 grainers today and im in love! My 93r17 will put 5 touchin at 100 with a 5-8mph right to left wind...my wifes 13 year old little sister shot an 8" frozen pumpkin ten times with it and the gamepoints, you could cover the entire group with a quarter, even two called "fliers" that wernt as bad as she thought..oh and today was the first time she ever fired a gun! Im runnin a cabelas 4-12 target dot 17 scope on it, trimmed the main spring bout one coil n tightend the accu trigger alil to my liking....
I did notice a slight feed problem on the first round out of the mag but other than that the gamepoints are all im buyin from now on...

On the 8-9" frozen pumpkins the 17 grain tnts never passed through even at 50 yards...the 20g gamepoints passed through leaving a dime sized hole at 50 and an exit hole big enough to drop a spent 204 ruger case through at 100....

My best 17 HMR shot was 269 measured yards on a gopher (ground squirrel) About a 3-5 mile wind, held on his tail and hit in the head. Used my CZ varmint and 20 grainers.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.