First PCP

mrv728

Hi guys; after suffering some health issues I can't get out and hunt like I used to.But I do enjoy getting out in the yard and shooting some targets and pests with airguns. Since I'm going to be selling some guns and gear I've decided to get a pcp. Today I ordered a FX Dreamliner lite. It has what I'd call a tactical stock. I almost went with the walnut stock but it's about 1/2 lb. heavier. I also ordered an Air venturi nomad 11 compressor and a 5.5-25x50 FFP Aztec scope. Do any of you have any experience good or bad with the compressor or scope? The airgun is a new release so I don't think anyone will have much information on it but I'd like to hear any comments you might have on FX airguns in general Thanks Mike

Last edited:
Oh heavens no. It was all a could do to scrape up enough for a Hatsan and a hand pump. Very smooth shooter though for it's price point.

It's almost silly though isn't it? Shooting a PCP after springers and Crossman multi pumps is almost like an awakening. No noise, no recoil, and phenomenal accuracy. What's not to like!

Oh heavens no. It was all a could do to scrape up enough for a Hatsan and a hand pump. Very smooth shooter though for it's price point.

It's almost silly though isn't it? Shooting a PCP after springers and Crossman multi pumps is almost like an awakening. No noise, no recoil, and phenomenal accuracy. What's not to like!
An awakening is a good way to describe it. I have 4 airguns, 2 springers which are fun but not as accurate, in my hands anyway. I have 2 pumps, one is an older Sheridan 5mm which is nice but you can't put a scope on it. The other is a crossman 1377 with a carbine stock, a trigger mod, Lothar Walther barrel and a little UTG Bugbuster scope on it. At ten yards it's 10 shots into one ragged hole. But I get tired of pumping and it being a single shot.For awhile I was thinking about getting the Hatsan Flash in 22. It's supposed to be accurate and hard hitting. It is also fairly light (5.9 lbs., if I remember right ) and is fairly quiet. The FX comes in at 5.5 lbs. is supposed to be very accurate and is supposed to be super quiet with the moderator on it. Mike

Last edited:
Man you are set up. I love my Marauder except for the fact you have to pump it up. I have even thought about selling it because of that. I have a Hill pump(the best) and it is still a chore. The 25 cal marauder is very accurate and the Leapers Accushot moa scope is outstanding. I have heard nothing but good things about your Air Venturi. It"s the price that has keep a lot of us from owning one.

Man you are set up. I love my Marauder except for the fact you have to pump it up. I have even thought about selling it because of that. I have a Hill pump(the best) and it is still a chore. The 25 cal marauder is very accurate and the Leapers Accushot moa scope is outstanding. I have heard nothing but good things about your Air Venturi. It"s the price that has keep a lot of us from owning one.
I'm glad to hear the Air Venturi is good. I was thinking about the Benjamin Traveler ( both sell for $649) but Airgun depot only carries the Air Venturi so I ordered it. Mike

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear the Air Venturi is good. I was thinking about the Benjamin Traveler ( both sell for $649) but Airgun depot only carries the Air Venturi so I ordered it. Mike

I've been following this one. How did it work out? Are you happy with the Venturi as far as the loudness and speed to refill? Would you have bought anything different, or are you happy you went this route??
I have a chance to buy a Marauder in .22 for $300. I work with the guy, and he has shot it about 100 times. He just got tired of it and wants to sell it. He is more of a firearms guy.
I have several springers (RWS M34, and a few cheapies), but I was really interested in the Marauder. I just don't want the hand pump.

I think your cylinder on the Marauder is about the same size as mine. It's about 300 pumps to fill from zero. After that you'll shoot down to about 2000 psi (30-40 shots) and refill. To refill from 2000 to 3000 is about 150 pumps. Takes me about 15-20 minutes. Not bad for hunting and pest control. For that purpose nothing beats it. Whisper quiet and I doubt you'll find any springer that can touch it for accuracy and power.

I purchased a hand pump for my first pcp. If you didn't have a heart condition before you started, you would after filling your gun a few times. Nice move on the compressor. I just have a tank, which is no small expense either.

I have a 50 cu ft 3000 psi aluminum scuba tank. It would cost about $10 to refill it every time. Any idea how many Marauder fills I could get out of it? Closest dive shop to refill it is about 45 miles away. Spending $650 for a Venturi would be a time saving investment.
How quiet is the Venturi?? Will it get the dogs barking and the wife yelling, or is it bearable?

edited to add: I just checked the reviews on PyramydAir.com, and out of 21 reviews, 19 said they liked it giving it 4 or 5 stars, the other 2 said their Venturi broke shortly after getting them and could not get the Manufacturer to return their calls or emails.

Last edited:
You want at least a 4500 psi tank. 3000 psi might get you a dozen fills. 4500psi will get you like 50 or more. There's a calculator on airventuri's website I believe.

You want at least a 4500 psi tank. 3000 psi might get you a dozen fills. 4500psi will get you like 50 or more. There's a calculator on airventuri's website I believe.
Not very good, I think I would need to buy a Venturi instead of running to the dive shop for a fill. I live in the country, and have some Purple Martin houses that get invaded daily with sparrows and starlings, so I have to use a pellet rifle to control them. I do a LOT of shooting.

Last edited:
Yeah, a scuba tank is a bit pointless with a 3000 psi gun. Trouble is; a carbon fiber 4500 tank is around $500. Still cheaper than a compressor though. For the amount of shooting I do, a hand pump is entirely adequate.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.