PCP air gun

Real funny thing is, I got my air tank- a 600 cu ft one with a Joe Brancato upgraded valve and the stock one. It's pretty great.

Then my neighbor is having a yard sale and clearing out the shop. He has a complete SCBA system with two masks and two tanks that are fairly recently inspected and have some life left- paid $20! Two 1 hour tanks, breathing system, masks and pack. Still need to see if it'll rig up to my other valve/regulator.
Man that must be one BIG Tank - 600cu ft. 😲 Most SCUBA Tanks are 80 cu ft that divers wear. I had a 103 CU FT (huge) when I was a Dive Master so I would have extra air when guiding while diving.

Coyote Shadow beat me to it!
download.jpg

Getting back into air rifles. I have had too many springers to list. PCPs have been AA S410 E in .22, FX Streamline in .22, Cricket in .25, FX Crown in 30. I just ordered a Daystate Huntsman Revere regulated in .22 yesterday. Very pumped!

Lol! Should have an air tank by the end of the week. There's a paintball outfit about 5miles from my house that'll fill it for a few bucks. The Kratos was shipped to me with a nearly-full bottle, but that precious air is waning. Just enough air to get dialed in and plink a little bit. Probably sent around 60 shots so far. I don't think this is a sport to get into to save money…
I thought I read on a forum where they went to a local fire hall & had their tanks filled. Possibly another option ?

Correct Abrams. Fire departments will oftentimes fill SCUBA tanks for a small fee. I never went that route, but seems like a common way people get tanks filled.

I almost didn't do it but I bought the FX Impact MK2 a year ago and have loved it. It's expensive but it's incredibly accurate and quiet until it cracks a bird or something.

most fill to 3000 PSI. Don't buy a SCUBA tank as most are only 3000-3200 PSI. There are many carbon fiber bottles that hold 4500 PSI. Depending on the volume of the tank, you can fill your gun multiple times. If there is a SCUBA shop in your area, they will often be willing to fill your tank. Some fire departments will too, ofr a small donation. As mentioned, some paintball shops will fill tanks too. People with bad backs will NOT want a pump. Those that do pump usually only fire a few shots, then top of the tank. Much easier that way. If you use the pump a lot, you will occasionally need a rebuild kit due to heat from friction. Airgun scopes are usually rated for the dual recoil of a spring piston or gas ram airgun. Don't forget they are parallax adjustable down to 5 - 10 meters. This is very handy for airguns and rimfires. PCP, CO2, and pump-up airguns have no recoil to damage scopes. Compressors vary a LOT. Some fill faster than others. Most need regular maintenance. I prefer .25 caliber for hunting, but .22 is more popular. Most .177 cal. airguns get tons of shots between refills. Many PCPs have shrouded or suppressed barrels. ATF is OK as long as they cannot be easily removed and put on a firearm. Have a TON of fun.

That was a question I have is how loud are they?
It does not really mater were I live as I have a 100yrd shooting lane but quiet would be nice at times.