first shots at 617yards in 3 months with pixs

tjonh2001

Here are the pictuers from today. I think that i have found my load. the rifle is my 6x47 lapua that ssg built. the first picture is a 10 shot group that i shot at 617 yards from the back of my pickup. eind was 3 to7mph righ to left. the first shot was a cold bore and a clean barrel. i then shot the next 9 shots i called 2 shots low right. the next picture shows the last group that i shot with it. i only had 3 shells left. i will be shooting again once the blizard stops. i know that i am not at my best, little shacky. i think this should work for F class once im in shooting conditon.
10group.jpg

10shotgroup008.jpg

pickup2.jpg

pickup1.jpg

Last edited:
my wife just looked at this and she couldnt understand why i wasnt hitting in the middle. i tried to explin to her that i was shooting a group and thats all that i was worried about. i would think that you guys would realize that and understant that i was shooting groups not trying to hit the targer right in that middle. i just wanted to clarify that in case any of you think like my wife....

Thats good!

I had the same thing..I was showing my brother a .109 5 shoot group that was 1 inch high..(100 yrds) and he said but you missed!:mad:

I am sure that everyone knows that it was for group. Nice shooting by the way.

t2001, that is some good shooting. Your rifle is a shooter and looks good too!

W.

i guess i should have said that the 3 shot groupis 2.75 up and down and the 7 shots that i thought broke right on the other target were around 4-4.25 inches.

I see you have recycled an ammo box from your 22-250.....dont forget to remark that......dont ask why that caught my eye:mad:

Had the same experiance with my wife on the groups. Showed her my best target from a match. She asked if it was any good, I explained that it won small group for the yardage. She asked if everyone else was further from the bull.

Good shooting. I would keep playing with that load a little. If you get a little more vertical out of the load it gives you more margin of error......goodness knows I need all the margin for error I can get. Now if I could just figure out a load that would get the windage out of my groups:)

that would make shooting alot easier if we didnt have to worry about wind. i will continue to work on the load im hoping that i can get a solid 1/2 moa at 600 consistant but im not up to it yet ive just started shooting again since deer season. i will be testing this load and gun at 1000yards next week. i dont know that you can truely ever be completely finished with a load its always a work in progress.

6x47

Great pics and shots. Do you ever find the truck moving? I tried shooting out mine once and the light wind was making just enough movement to cause things to be off a little. Might not be you being shaky, might be the truck moving a little. Just an observation.
Stacy

Hey bro great popping there.. Nate is building almost the same setup for me off the LTR platform in 300 wsm,, I have been showing your rig to my buddies as a represenative of mine,,just looks great man..glad she is a shooter..What does she weigh??

norm
SSG biult me a 7mm wsm match on a remington action last year. looks like yours except mine is coated black. nate does great work.
i enjoy shooting long range get a hold of me if you want someone to shoot with sometime....

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.