Build finally finished first shots fired today

Dean2506

Just got my rifle today. 7mm stw 700 action, broughton 5c bbl 30 in palma countour. Worked up a load using 140 bt @3490 and 162 amax @3292 fps. Both shot in the .5 range which i was pretty happy with considering the wind is howling. The 5c is the fastest cleaning bbl i have ever seen. I will update as the weather gets better and i stretch the range a little more.

You are gonna have to reread the user rules before you get banned for life. You just absolutely cannot get on here bragging about a new gun..........without posting pics:)

Congrats on the new rifle, glad she is shooting for ya, now get some pics up here ASAP before you get banned.:D

I hope this works. i dont want to get banned for life. lol
IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

Yeah cds. Dont know how i like it yet still working on loads so leupy can make a couple turrets for me. As soon as i get turrets in im gonna test them at 100 yd increments out to 1000 to see how the scope performs. Oh yeah the gun came in at just under 11 lbs scope and all

Nice looking rig and sounds like it is a shooter. I've got two STW's and both shoot small groups with factory tubes. No telling what yours will do with a premium barrel. Welcome to LRH!

update.
Just got done doing a little more tuning. 162 amax with a healthy load of rl25 is yielding 3300 fps and groups in the .280-.300 range. I think i have found my load. As soon as the weather cools a little im gonna see how the cds turrets work. Also update on the broughton bbl. I am absolutely amazed at how easily it cleans. I put about 15 rounds through it and took it to the smith to use his borescope to check the bore. Nearly no copper and only minor carbon. cleaned spotless in about 20 minutes.

Love to see the laminate stock. Not many pics of rifles with those stocks. Btw I love your statement at the bottom of your page. It's a reality check, still got me laughing.

Thanks. Glad you guys like the rifle. It does have a muzzle break and the recoil is very manageable. I have a 25-06 ackley built on a sendero and the stw has less felt recoil. I had my nephew over yesterday shooting with me and he has a sporter weight 308 win that kicks substantially harder than the stw.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.