First OCW test with RL16 and 140 Sierra Gamekings in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Cleveland48

Pretty happy with results so far. Don't have any speeds due to not trusting old chronograph. Will be getting a magnetospeed shortly. All loads were .020" off the lands. Still need to work up a little higher.

Having trouble posting a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_1037.jpg
    IMG_1037.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 178
Cleveland48,

Am I missing something, except for one group the rest are so close in size as to be difficult at least IMHO, to pick a definite winner, how did you decide which powder charge was the node you were looking for?

Cleveland48,

Am I missing something, except for one group the rest are so close in size as to be difficult at least IMHO, to pick a definite winner, how did you decide which powder charge was the node you were looking for?

OCW has nothing to do with group size. If it were me I would pick 41.9 or 42.0 and play with seating depth. With the OCW you are looking for stable, not most accurate. 41.8 and 42.1 impact in roughly the same group.

Yes the 41.8-42.1 impacted roughly the same, so from my understanding that is a node. I loaded four rounds at 42 grains to sight in with. Which may be the one I try. I have no pic of the group, but it seemed great first three rounds were probably sub 1/2" with no vertical dispersion. Off course I blew it with the fourth round by shanking it low.

And those 140 ELDM from hornady is a pretty awesome factory load. I measured the CBTO of all 20 rounds and they only variance was +/- .001". The 120 amax had nowhere near those tolerances.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.