6.5 Creedmoor RL16 loads with 139 Scenar

Finally settled on my RL16 load.
42.4 is a little HOT when the temp is in the low 90s and I left the ammo out in the sun for several hours, by accident. Had slight bolt drag on opening, so I went looking for another load.

Finally settled on 41.0 of RL16, F210M and 139 Scenars. Consistently sub 2 inch groups at 300 yards and sub 2.5 inch groups at 400 yards.

View attachment 77715
Targets from a couple of weeks ago.

Now for some serious work at 600 yards.

Interesting results and good thread. I am shooting 44.0 grains of rl 16 and 140 Berger hybrid targets with some pretty fast velocities for a creedmoor. I too experienced a heavier bolt lift in hot temps with amm in the sun. I am thinking I am going to back off a grain or two and see how it shoots. I didn't build my creedmoor to be a speed demon, and something in the 2850 range seems pretty doable with a mild powder charge. Thanks for the info

I am using thee 143 eldx with RL16 at the moment. I have not worked all the way up yet. So far, the gun has shot best with 40.5 grains. The rifle has a 22 inch barrel and I am using 210m primers. This seems quite low of a charge compared to everyone else, doesn't it? Would it be safe to try up to 43 grains? Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts