Help with OCW test

If you mentioned which powder you use I missed it, in my 6.5 Creedmoor I use 130gr VLD's at the lands with 43.8gr of H4350. Using the 140gr VLD's I'm at 0.020 off the lands and both 42.5 and 42.2gr's of H4350 works well. The 42.2 load gives me the most consistent muzzle volocity of the two for the 140 VLD's.

I can shoot sub MOA most of the time but one ragged hole never, easier for me to shoot MOA steel out to 1000, not to mention more fun.

Enjoy

Yes h4350 is all I have ever shot. My shooting is not to blame just my load. Again I have not got to get back out but when I do I believe I have found my depth just need to play with powder again. Will post pictures when I get back out. My dad's elk hunt starts in the AM so it may be a few days before I can test. Hopefully he can tag out tomorrow.

When I started working up loads with the Berger VLD for my 6.5x47, I seated to .070 off the lands as this had worked well in my 7mm RemMag. I just ran a seating depth test last weekend and found that my groups closed up at .060 off the lands. They opened up quickly on either side of this seating depth. The Bergers usually have a wide node for seating depth, but this one seems to be fairly narrow. If I had run the standard Berger seating depth test I may have missed it. When loading up for the test, I decided to test each side of .070 more in depth. Partly out of curiosity, partly just to have more rounds to shoot. I was shooting 5 shot groups, and at .060 off the lands I had all 5 shots touching/overlapping.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts