First long range shoot

rugershooter

Did my first shoot over 650 yds. . Set up a 32"x 32" steel target for handgun and rifle.
After finding an area to shoot from, ranged the distance at 1119 yds. . Did the calculations on the app on my phone, got all my gear together and returned to my shooting spot. Was not the best shooting position, but had to make due. Sure could have used my taller bipod, but didn't bring it! This was a learning experience for me being my first long range shoot. After getting set-up and adjusting for windage, took a couple shots. Adjusted the wrong way for windage, duu! . Got back on track and got real close to the target. After 11 shots, got three hits with the next three shots. Very happy for my first shoot. Will do much better next time. This is very satisfying to get long range hits. Shooting a savage 10T in .308 winchester with a leupold 6.5x20 scope. Shooting a handload of lapua brass, fed. match primer, varget and 178 hornady BTHP Match bullet. Using a nikon 1200 rangefinder.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.