first "long range" shooting trip

pgohil

So I drove 2.5 hrs to a buddy place so I could shoot further than 200 yds. Great conditions to be shooting. 70 degrees, no wind, and clear. Checked zero at 100, then moved to 300. Calculator said 16 clicks, but shot 2.5 inches high. I don't know why.

Moved to Max range of the area, 535 yds and shot this group. 3-9/16. Yrs I know its a 3pinched shot group, but I'm poor and try to limit my ammo expense.

2012-08-18_13-44-58_176.jpg

The savage fcp-k had now been christened "FAITH ANN" and she's a shooter!

Good shooting !!!

Not trying to be a know it all because I have alot to learn but you may want to try and start using or thinking in terms of MOA it is still accomplishing the same thing but in an easier way. IMHO.

Nice groupgun)

.666 MOA. Thanks for the advice. And from what I understand. 666 moa is pretty **** good for a factory rifle with factory ammo. But I'm just beginning, I could be way the heck off.

Great shooting. Especially if you're using factory ammo.

It doesn't take much breeze and/or a little change in MV to open up groups beyond 500 yds.

-- richard

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.