First-Hit Ballistic Software!

HoteymanPA,
A Palm VX is being given to me, would this work with Exbal?
Excuse my ignorance.
Your help would be appreciated.

Eaglet, Palm VX came from the factoy with version 3.3 and now I see exbal requires at least 3.5 which is not a problem as palm has an 3.5 and 3.5.3 update for that unit. all you have to do is go to: http://www.palmone.com/us/support/ and you can downlaod upgrade and then it will work with exbal. Hope this helped.

Thanks,
Ben

OK Guys,
Just received my Palm III today. Now, What's the best way to get a copy of XBAL? Thanks for any help. Mike

[ QUOTE ]
Exbal works great.i have only one thing im not so sure it works with.that is a head wind or tail wind wind.i know they move the bullet very little but they do move it some.the Exbal shows no change at all even with strong head wind. Sir have a care with your idea that a head wind or tail wind has little effect. That needs to be tested at the range. I have had nothing but trouble with tail winds. It is next to imposiable to predict a shot flip high or low out of the group with a tail wind! Head winds can prove troublesome also. However they do prove to be a bit more predictable on a KD range where repeated shots are made into the wind to judge the effect on target, as the terraine is not changing. I know a great number of shooters that will not take a shot with a tail wind unless it's sighters to see if they can group and predict (or call) the shot. Terraine is a factor that none of these programs can account for. Note: We still need at best, a spotter to call our shots. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

OK, after reading your posts, I also bought a Palm Vx on e-bay. Not sure the software version, but once it gets here I will go to there web site and upgrade the software. What do I do then to get the ExBal going?

The Palm Vx already has Palm OS 3.5. You just need to buy/download exbal, after you do the initial setup. It guides you through the first part when you first turn it on. Install the desktop software, plug in your cradle, After that, its all in the user manual.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.