Need Ballistic software for PPC

Ryan587

Just got my dream rifle and a sweet deal on a pocket PC, but I cant find a single ballistic software program for pocket PC. Nightforce/Exbal has been discontinued.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

No idea. It may just be for the pocket PC edition. Ive had it on back order for months and just got a reply saying that nightforce has discontinued this product and it is no longer available. I also went to perry homepage and tried to order it directly, but there was no software of any kind available for order and all merchants had no available stock. Ive searched every available avenue with no success.

I am also wanting exbal for a friend. There are like 3 very low end excel spreadsheets that do work for pocket pc. BallCalc is one. I'm at work and don't have access o my favs or my ppc. I think I got it from the sourceforge.

As far as ballistic calculators go I highly recommend the JBM ballistics Advanced for iPhone. Not sure if its available for android. It has everything. Spin drift and correollis effect. This app is top notch.

I'm also looking for ballistic software for my Dell Axim X50 pocket PC. I tried Perry and got the same result..... not available! JBM is only providing product for smartphones according to their website. I need to have the basics (to calculate drift and drop out to 1000 yds. along with enough "poop" to ring the gong in BPCR shoots.

Any ideas??

Peepsight, I highly recommend getting an iPhone.

I'm not sure JBM if is available on Android. If it, is either device will work.

JBM is only $20. Exbal and nightforce were like $100 and no one wants to part with their copy for $20.

I have JBM and it accounts for Spin Drift and Corilolis Effect.

It also pulls atmospheric data from the nearest NOAA station and if you touch your barrel with the iPhone it tells you and accounts for your angle up/down and compass heading for Coriollis.

Ryan, what is your "Dream Rifle"? Just curious...

Thanks for the info on the iPhone. It sounds like a good setup. I already have an Android smartphone w/ an app that works quite well. I am not too keen on using the phone in the field so I am looking to find a ballistic calc program for my pocket PC. Then if it gets wet or dropped and broken, I'm not out that much and can pick up another one cheap on ebay.
I have lots of favorites... My BPCR is an Shilo Sharps 45-70. I also like to shoot prarrie poodles out at 500 + with my Savage Model 12 LRPV.

Ken

The best free ballistics calculator for pocket pc is ballcalc. It can be had at sourceforge. Doesn't do spin drift or coriolis. It's also very slow. Meant to be used in conjunction with a weather station and re-run a few times during the day to account for temp and pressure.

Jbm Is available for android. Get a good case and buy insurance on your phone ! Lol !

I'm not a teckie so I had concerns about these programs. I just got an Ipod (touch pad) and loaded "SHOOTER" ($9.99 from the Apple Store).

Sucker works, and best of all its easy to use, does it all, angles, spin drift, Coriolis, and Alitude density, temps, leads,.............everything you can imagine.

Solutions in Mils, MOA, IPHY, etc.

Nice ! I've heard of shooter and heard good things. JBM does all that too. Nice thing about JBM is it pulls atmospheric data from the nearest NOAA station and automatically applies it. It also applies compass heading for coriolis.

Nice ! I've heard of shooter and heard good things. JBM does all that too. Nice thing about JBM is it pulls atmospheric data from the nearest NOAA station and automatically applies it. It also applies compass heading for coriolis.

What if you don't have a signal ie out in the boonies.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.