Need Advice on Ballistic Software

tlk

Trying to get a friends Ballistic setup for one load - FGMM69 gr .224 @ 2640 fps. When I use the latest version it has no path or wind in total inches on the HUD. My old iPhone version has this. Where did it go, and can I get it on the new?

Also, I have entered the wind as coming FROM the 3:00 at 450 yards -both versions are showing to hold LEFT. I just want to confirm - the wind should be understood and entered as blowing TO the 3:00, correct?

REALLY need the path in total inches like before - his scope has no increments within the reticle.

Thanks.

If the wind is coming fom 3.00 oclock to 9.00 oclock then it's a RIGHT hold to defeat the wind.

If the setting is wind too 3.00 oclock , then the left hold is correct . If the progarm is coded correctly .

Play around with the wind direction setting untill you get the correct hold off direction showing up . I had Ballistic AE and it's wind direction was always wrong in the one I had . I had to set it wrong to get it correct in the HUD .
Other than that I can't help as I have no idea which program you are refering too.

I am using Ballistic AE. That is the same issue I am running into as well - the wind call seems exactly backward to me. When I compare it to the older version on another iPhone it does not indicate L or R, so I always just did the direction in my head no problem.

For the rest of you, do I have something set up incorrectly or is it just in my head? I even went and researched wind direction - it is identified by the direction it is coming FROM (at least according to Wikipedia), so Ballistic should be telling me to hold RIGHT for a 3:00 wind, but it is telling me to hold LEFT. My saved profile doesn't have wind - I have it set at 0. I also notice that I don't have any wind in my trajectory chart.

And I still need the latest version to calculate total inches of holdover - does it to this? Older versions were very intuitive.

All this has to be a setup issue of some kind.

Thanks for your help.

In Ballistic AE there is a setting that says Positive is right or left . I think I had to set that wrong to get the wind hold off direction correct . It's in the program settings of the device not the data entry part of the app.
Anyway my advice is dump BAE and get Shooter .

Can you be specific? Why Shooter over Ballistic AE?

For the reasons above and it just seems to work better and easier to understand . B AE started out ok but constant updates have made it complicated and difficult and not the program I purchased .
My Zidiarsky the developer is difficult to deal with for support purposes.
A ballistic program to use in the field shoud be easy to see and use as you don't have a lot of time to muck about . B AE failed in that area.
Shooter works better in that area and it's wind correction is right .

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.