First 08 Bird

Misfire

It took two weekends but I filled my first tag. I lucked out and filled a second tag on a smaller bird a few days later but I didn't get any pics. I'll be hunting with my bow the rest of the season.

23lbs, 9.5" beard, 1.25" spurs...

08gob.jpg

Nice going. I wish we could hunt with rifles in WI but I think our turkey population couldn't tolerate it. Anyhow...way to go!

Nice going. I wish we could hunt with rifles in WI but I think our turkey population couldn't tolerate it. Anyhow...way to go!

We are covered up here in Texas. The county I hunt in is a 4 bird county. Normally, I hunt them with a bow but this year they have been hened up really bad and I went to the rifle out of frustration. I had some jakes in bow range opening morning and I passed. Two weeks later I took the above bird at just over 200 yards with the AR.

I'll be carrying my bow for the rest of the season.

Thanks for the congrats guys! I LOVE turkey hunting.

Congrats on your tom,

I haven't even picked up my turkey tag, our public land is still snowed in for the most part. I like the fact you are allowed to use a rifle if you want to, I wish our state allowed that.

Good luck on your next 3

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.