Firing Solutions-- Skeletons in the closet?!?

Thanks to all. I need a good app that will put the skeletons in the closet. So which one AE or AB or ...? I also like the idea of having it on a separate device other than my phone. So which device offers the best bang for the buck? Your 2 cents is appreciated!

AB is an advanced version of "Shooter" You will be hard pressed to beat "Shooter" for $10 from the google store. It will do everything you need to do and flows easily.

Jeff

Software options depend somewhat on the device. Ballistic AE only runs on Apple iOS, for example. I see Shooter, AB, Ballistic AE, and Strelok at the range. Some of them use the same JBM ballistics algorithms. The main differences are in user interface and extra features, like load databases, mildot rangefinder calculators, etc.

I like Ballistic AE because 1) all the critical parameters are found on one screen - easy to confirm the set-up is correct, and 2) it includes target analysis routines for calculating group size from a photo of your target.

A down side with most smartphone apps is that some of the subtleties and/or advanced features are not intuitive, and the documentation only exists on the website. Pick one and learn it. After a while you will become proficient and confident.

I prefer having the app on my smartphone. It's always with me. I frequently run "what-if" scenarios, comparing one chambering against another, etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.