Firefox browser is much faster than Internet Explorer...

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
...according to independent experts who have speed-tested both. We've talked about that before. Just a reminder.

The newest version of Firefox (3.5) can be downloaded here

Firefox 3.5 is my main browser but have been also running the new Google Chrome side by side and will say it's just as fast as Firefox. It does not have all the good stuff like online bookmarks and the tabs options are lacking but in the future I think it will become a very good browser.

I've seen the "install google chrome" whenever I go to google, but have no idea what it is. Could you give us a brief rundown about it?

tks

Here is a link that can do a much better job of explaining the features of Google Chrome then I can. Firefox is a better browser in that it's been around for awhile and there are lots of apps that will run inside Firefox that Chrome is lacking but Chrome has some pretty neat features and one that I use all the time is where you can pull off a tab and start a new window when you get to much stuff open.

Any way hope this helps some.

Google Chrome

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.