Finally

Clem Bronkoski

I've had my rifle for about 2 years and thanks to a clear cut this spring I finally got a place to shoot any distance. My gun range only has a max of 300 yds. Today I was able to set up targets at 300, 400 and 500 yds. The targets were RR plates about 9"x 14". The rifle was sighted in at 200 yds and my computer generated dope shee said 8.3 MOA for 300. That was way off! My actual adjustment was only 5 MOA. Once dialed in I was 3 for 3. For the 400 yd target I only had to go up 8 and 500 only 11 MOA. I was really happy the way the rifle shot. After shooting the 500 yd target I cranked the scope to zero and verified my 200 yd zero.

I was impressed with the little 6.5CM and the 143 gr ELD-X bullets. It put a pretty good dent in the heavy steel RR plates even out to 500 yds. And the Bergara B-14 HMR had no trouble hitting them once dialed in. It was really cool seeing the bullet impact the plate way out there and then hearing the ding a second or so later. My first time shooting that far. Now I'm hooked.