Finally found primers

Mark37082

I've been searching for LR mag primers for weeks and decided to leave my rain soaked white tail hunt early this morning. There was a gun show about an hours drive from my house opening this morning. I did not hold out a great deal of hope, but what the heck I thought I would give it a shot. The show was packed with people. I arrived an hour after they opened. I weaved my way through looking for reloading component and finally found one table in a back room with some primers. Found a brick of Federal LRM match primers and inquired on the price. $180 for the box. After catching my breath I reluctantly pulled out wallet and paid the fellow. I apologize for contributing to the price gouging issues, but I was down to a handful of LRM primers and a new 7mm rem mag to start load development on. i hope my rifle likes these primers as I am now committe.

I've lived through a few of these ridiculous shortages in my lifetime. I now try to keep about 5000-10,000 22LR on hand and at least that many primers with powder and bullets to match. So when this crap happens I just keep on shooting like nothing is out of the ordinary.

I made the very foolish decision that I had to have a new toy in the midst of the scarcity; I had thousands of LR and LR Mag primers, but found a Dakota .204 Ruger I HAD to have.

Paid $125 for a brick of CCI BR primers, and don't feel too bad about it, considering what I pay to fill up my truck now. Lots more fun shooting my .204 than driving my truck.

I am truly sorry for anyone having to purchase anything firearms, ammunition, or loading components at this insane time. I hate to restrict my shooting any more than already has been done.....but, I'm conserving my limited components. There are still some shots going downrange, but, I'm pretty darn conservative. In many other venues of life...."extremely" conservative! memtb

I had been wanting to reload my 6.5 Grendel, the itch started this year now that I do not see any ammo in stock or online.. So, when my local store popped up with some SRP- Magnum, I picked up 500, they are 15.00 hundred... The most I had paid for primers out of a store were 4.00 hundred, it hurt paying 15.00, but at least now I can reload the Grendel for hogs or anything else that pops up..

I added a 300prc to the lineup about a year ago and I have had to buy some powder to feed it during this BS and lapua brass has been impossible to get for it. So i fully understand your pain

Watch midwayusa.com they are getting primers on a pretty regular basis, if you see the military7.62x51 from CCI grab them . they are LRM . made so Squad automatic weapons don't slam fire. Just bought 1000 of them and CCC450 SRM shipped and hazmat was $103.00 each. Would have got both at same time and saved $ but they showed up on different days. If not in stock click on the notify me when available. But act fast when you get the notice.