Finally found some primers!!!

JARHEAD1371

Last week my wife was in NC for business and picked up 600 CCI LR Bench rest primers for me. About 2 months ago I called the gun shop (it will remain nameless and will NOT receive anymore $ from me) and they had plenty primers in stock for $42 per 1K. When she went there they jacked up the price and she paid $54 for 600! I understand supply and demand, I just think jacking up the price that much is horrible. Especially since the gun shop is very close to a USMC base and is owned/operated by a retired Marine LtCol. Anyway, I went into Scheels here in Rapid yesterday and they had several bricks of the CCI primers I need. I picked up 1k for $44 and made a point to thank a manager for not jacking up the price. He did say they are becoming more and more available.

Glad to hear you found some. Been seeing CCI, Winchester, primers, but not any Federals.

In reno we can get the winny and the cci's but like the previous poster I have not found any fed primers in over 11/2 years.. Super hard to find.

LT Col or not what BS to go from $42 @ 1k to $90 @ 1k. Greed comes in all shapes.

Last bunch I bought at a shop was about $32 perK for Win LR and got some CCI 400's for the same price.

Look at gun shows and they were high dollar $40-$45 perK or more.

We got a group order together and think it was 27,000 of various Wolf brand and was roughly $27 per K and that shipping included in the price.

I bought 1K Win LRP and 1K Win LPP from Sportsman's Warehouse in Loveland, CO. while I was visiting my son and D-I-L. One was priced for $35 and the other $38 and I thought that was pretty high. Guess I got too used to them selling for $10 per thousand for so long, athough I saw them for $80 a thousand about six months ago at a shop here in KS., but I will quit reloading before I pay those extortion prices.

I bought 1K of the CCI BR2's about two months ago in Fishersville, Virginia at Dominion Outdoors for $60. I thought that was pretty darn high but I needed my fix. JohnnyK.

@Jarhead1371

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to swing into Scheels rather than one of our competitors. Keep in mind that shop managers will generally price match on lots of different equipment not sure about the primers though.

If you ever feel curious just give the store a call.

Thanks again,
gun)

Matt L.
scheels.com

Just paid $30 for Federal small pistol on sale. Also had CCI small rifle on sale. Here I can get primers for $31.50, magnums for $34. not sure what the BR stuff goes for.

Just paid $30 for Federal small pistol on sale. Also had CCI small rifle on sale. Here I can get primers for $31.50, magnums for $34. not sure what the BR stuff goes for.

I could always find small rifle and pistol primers but rarely large rifle and never BR. I went back yesterday and bought another 1k, no one bought ant since I was there last. They still have 4k left but I'll let someone else get them.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.