Finally, ALLEN PRECISION web site opened to the public

I loved the website too, especially the section on your wildcats. The only suggestion for improvement I could give you is format the data so that it fits on the page left and right.

I never have designed a website so I wouldn't know how to do it, but most pages are formated to fit on your browser screen without having to scroll left and right to see all the data. It's only a minor complaint to an otherwise stellar sight but it would make something great even better.

By the way, maybe I'm the only one that had that problem when visiting the site....I tried 3 different web browsers and they all required that I scroll left and right to read everything. If nobody else has had this problem let me know I'll just edit my post to get rid of an unneeded suggestion.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

I have had a couple guys say they had problems viewing the entire page without scrolling. I am not sure why this is. I have looked at the site on several different platforms and the only one I had problem with was my wifes I-Pad which I did have to scroll to see the entire pages of the site.

Also, the only sections of the site that are designed to be scrolled through were the pages dedicated to my wildcats. That was simply in an effort to fit as much as I could in a small area.

As mentioned I will be adding ALOT to this site as time goes on. I can put up to 1000 pages on this site!!! I do not even plan on putting this much infomation on the site but I do not believe I will ever run out of room to expand.

I also plan on keeping the web site updated with current videos, pics and stories and obviously experiments, product tests and wildcat developments.

Spread the word if you like what you see.

i dont know about the rest of you, but it still amazes me the amount of skill and knowledge in one so young. Back when i first found LRH, i used to get on and look for posts specifically from kirby, just to soak up a bit of shooting knowledge. He has always been the "go to Guru" when anything concerning balistics/bullets/and what works and what dont came up......

Congrats on all your success Kirby, it was all well earned. AJ

****! Becky has an iPad! Another thing on my wish list. Next summer I'm gonna steal that sucker..........

The scrolling was, as Kirby said, on the wildcats pages. Love the way that one is laid out. I've been trying to remember which powder for the 375. I now know where to look it up. 6 more months and I'll be shootin. Build time + 17 months away from home = one helluva long time......

I'm thinkin' 270 WSM XP is in the future..... I hate the APS web site.........

Dogdinger,

Not sure I am worth of some of your comments but I thank you for your kind words. In reality, I am just an experimenter and I have a job that allows me to push the envelope more then most but I will never see myself as a GURU!!!

Just another shooting nut!!

Thanks for your kind words.

Roy,

I am also going to do a load data section as well. It may take some time to round up all my notes for all my wildcats but I do plan on offering load data for all of my wildcats for the bullets weight ranges they use.

Kirby:

You now need to add your URL to your signature block on your posts.

BTW, I too have to "complain" about the need to scroll laterally. I have a 21" monitor set at 1600 x 1200 resolution, not 1920 x whatever, and with no side borders I'm still scrolling with IE9 and Firefox 3.6.8 on every page except pricing. Hope that can be resolved.

Best wishes and God Bless!

Thanks for the heads up on the signature, did not even thing about that.

On the scroll issue. I am going to have to wait until I can get access to a system that has this problem so that I can see the results of the changes I make to the site as I do it. Would just be doing it blind right now so for the time being it will probably have to stay this way but will work on solving that issue.

No scrolling for me.

The resolution in my monitor is set at 1920x1080
BUT when I lower it down one step, that would be
1600x900 pixels then I have to scroll to the sides, and
any thing smaller than that will have you scrolling too.

Thanks for the post. I am finding the same thing. Because I wanted the pictures to be very high quality, the site is set up and designed for the 1920x1080 resolution.

I think if you adjust your resolution to this setting there will be no problems but I am still looking into it.

I just wanted to make sure the pics on the sight were very high quality so potential customers could get a good look at the rifles even if they zoomed up on the photos.

I also noticed last night that the site was VERY slow and some of the pics were not coming up. Did some looking and it seems that there was a high volume of traffic on the site yesterday, THATS A GOOD THING, but it did slow down the site. Should not be a problem once the "newness" wears off a bit!!!

Interesting on the scrolling thing.... My monitor is a 24" and res is set for 1900x1200 and i need to scroll also. I don't get it...

Other than that nit-picky-pick, it's looking good!!! Well done

Way to go glad to see you get a page up and going hope it brings u a lot of business. just wish the dam economy would turn around so i could finally get that 338 AM

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.