Field Rest Input Request

Dean2506

I have recently acquired some new hunting ground. The Land is very flat with grass about 12 in to 18 in tall. I am trying to figure out the best tripod or bipod setup for this situation. Shots can run out to 900 yds and I will have to walk a good bit to get set up. Any advice or input on products that will help me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dean

This is a stoney point tripod with rear support. You will need the rapid pivot monopod attachment hardware to connect it to your stock it works very well this way. Without the extra hardware to connect it to the stock the rear support is a pain, and it is as steady as a bipod. This set up takes practice to get used to but is very solid. It is also light and can be used as a walking stick if you extend one of the legs or strapped to a pack.
2011-11-10_20-40-18_899.jpg

621 yards is the farthest I have shot with this set up. I saw your post and was on my way out to shoot some groups with my Edge, so I grabbed my .243 and the tripod. Up until today the farthest I have shot with this set up was 500 yards at clay pigeons. I put a pigeon above my target and when I was done shooting I drove as far away as I could and still see the target. Swaro put me at 621 yards, so I dialed 10 MOA and let a 105 A-MAX fly. Saw my impact pigeon gone and still have not been able to wipe this grin off my face. :D. I have no doubt that with a little trigger time to get used to the set up you could make hits to 900 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.