cabelas ultimate field rest, any body use one?

wklman

Well the title describes my question. Cabelas had these on sale for 20 bucks so I decided to get one for deer hunting here in AZ. Pros? Cons? Is it stable enough to take a long range shot or not? Can it be set up quickly and quietly? Thanks for any info good or bad. Wade

I can't say that I have ever seen or used one so I looked it up. Looks similar to the Stoney Point with the 3rd leg. Hell for $20 it's got to be better than free handing it! I just bought the Caldwell Deadrest Fieldpod and didn't think too much of it until I figured out how to spread the legs out farther. in the lowest setting for sitting it was way too tippy/top heavy. All you can do is try it out and put it on ebay if you don't like it.

Thanks Moom,
I took it out yesterday and stuck it on my promaster 429 tripod. I have to say I wouldn't be afraid to shoot out to 500 yards with it. It held rock steady with the tripod legs extended at a 45° angle.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.